Does anyone agree with these statements?

• Thread starter DARTZ
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about whether the statements "Nothing is impossible, just improbable" and "Given an infinite amount of time, every possible outcome will occur" are true from a scientific perspective. The speaker believes they can be countered with examples such as a Back button not being able to travel faster than the speed of light.
DARTZ
I have heard many people say this before and I was wondering from a scientific perspective if you guys think its true

"Nothing is impossible, just improbable"

Also if you were to agree with that then would you agree with this?

"Given an infinite amount of time, every possible outcome will occur"

What do you guys think?

Physics news on Phys.org
No.

It shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out counter-examples to these statements on your own.

Nope. My Back button will never travel beyond the speed of light.

But it will be pretty fast.

Pengwuino said:
Nope. My Back button will never travel beyond the speed of light.

But it will be pretty fast.

Haha, wow I just got what you wrote. Quite quick, you are, Pengwuino.

Good point, you guys are right.

1. What is the purpose of asking if anyone agrees with certain statements?

The purpose of asking if anyone agrees with certain statements is to gather different perspectives and opinions on a topic. It allows for a deeper understanding of the subject matter and can lead to productive discussions and debates.

2. How can we determine if someone agrees with a statement?

There are several ways to determine if someone agrees with a statement. One way is to directly ask them and hear their response. Another way is to observe their body language and nonverbal cues, such as nodding or shaking their head. Additionally, you can also gather feedback through surveys or polls.

3. Is it necessary for everyone to agree with certain statements?

No, it is not necessary for everyone to agree with certain statements. It is natural for individuals to have different perspectives and opinions on a topic. It is important to respect and consider these differences in order to have a well-rounded understanding of the topic.

4. How can we respectfully disagree with someone's statement?

Respectful disagreement can be achieved by actively listening to the other person's perspective, acknowledging their point of view, and providing counterpoints or evidence to support your own stance. It is important to avoid personal attacks or dismissive language and instead focus on the topic at hand.

5. Are there any benefits to having different opinions on a topic?

Yes, there are several benefits to having different opinions on a topic. It allows for critical thinking and the exploration of different ideas and perspectives. It can also lead to a deeper understanding of the topic and foster open-mindedness and empathy towards others.