What Books by Arthur C. Clarke and Carl Sagan Should I Check Out?

• Thread starter Reshma
  • Start date
Billions and BillionsIn summary, there is a discussion about books by Arthur C. Clarke and Carl Sagan. Some suggested books by Clarke include the Rama Series and a possible way to obtain them for free. For Sagan, the books Dragons of Eden, Pale Blue Dot, Demon-Haunted World, Contact, Cosmos, and Billions and Billions are mentioned.
Reshma
Hey! I'm also looking for books by Arthur C. Clarke--The Rama Series in particular.

Carl Sagan books anyone knows?

Do write to me.

Reshma.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hai!
Personally I didnt understand the endings of any Arthur C. Clarke books i have read.
As for the books,they are under copyright so you have to buy them or borrow from a library.
If you just want a list of his books just google.
If you want to get it for free .Try any p2p soft like emule,kazaa resurrection.
( Not that I'd suggest you do anything illegal, but hypothetically...)

Hi,
I have few e-texts of Odissey by Arthur C. Clarke just in case anybody needs them.
Cheers

Reshma said:
Hey! I'm also looking for books by Arthur C. Clarke--The Rama Series in particular.

Carl Sagan books anyone knows?

Do write to me.

Reshma.

Dragons of Eden and Pale Blue Dot are some good books by Carl Sagan.

mee said:
Dragons of Eden and Pale Blue Dot are some good books by Carl Sagan.

agree...
also
Demon-Haunted World & Contact

Phobos said:
agree...
also
Demon-Haunted World & Contact
agree...
also
Cosmos

1. Who is Arthur C. Clarke?

Arthur C. Clarke was a British science fiction writer, inventor, and futurist. He is best known for his novel "2001: A Space Odyssey" and for co-writing the screenplay for the film adaptation with Stanley Kubrick. He was also a co-inventor of the concept of geostationary satellites.

2. What are some notable works by Arthur C. Clarke?

In addition to "2001: A Space Odyssey," Clarke wrote many other popular science fiction novels, including "Childhood's End," "Rendezvous with Rama," and "The City and the Stars." He also wrote several short stories, essays, and non-fiction books on space exploration and technology.

3. How did Carl Sagan contribute to the scientific community?

Carl Sagan was an American astronomer, astrophysicist, and cosmologist who made significant contributions to the study of planetary science and the search for extraterrestrial life. He also popularized science through his books, television series, and lectures, making complex scientific concepts accessible to the general public.

4. What are some of Carl Sagan's famous quotes?

Some of Carl Sagan's most famous quotes include "The universe is a pretty big place. If it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space," and "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." He also popularized the phrase "billions and billions" to describe the vastness of the universe.

5. How did Arthur C. Clarke and Carl Sagan influence each other's work?

Arthur C. Clarke and Carl Sagan were close friends and colleagues who shared a passion for exploring the mysteries of the universe. They collaborated on various projects, including the book "The Sentinel," which later inspired the film "2001: A Space Odyssey." Their work also influenced each other, with Clarke incorporating scientific concepts from Sagan's research into his novels, and Sagan drawing inspiration from Clarke's visionary ideas.