Talking to the Animals: A Look into the World of Pet Psychics

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pet
In summary, people who claim to be psychic often use the metaphor that they are radios, and that they "tune in" to a certain frequency when they are doing their work. Maybe they are saying that some psychics are better at receiving the "animal frequency" and some are better at receiving the "human frequency". The TV show "Psychic Detectives" is a good way to judge whether someone is a psychic.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
A couple of weeks ago, my cat Fritz began talking to me. After a lifetime of silence, his comments were surprisingly ordinary: among other things, he mentioned that he’s not very fond of the kibble he eats on a regular basis and would prefer to be on a more nutritious diet. He also said that he would appreciate it if I got him a better scratching post, one that he could really stretch out his back on.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should point out that Fritz was not speaking directly to me, but through Maleah Jacobs, an animal communicator who specializes in two-way telepathy with critters. [continued]

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6010801/

Physics news on Phys.org
Not impressed. Anyone can be an animal communicator if they quiet their minds. I happen to be a household appliance communicator - and my rates are quite reasonable. My specialty is kitchen appliances, but, I can do most room varietals, including garage and woodshed appliances.

Chronos said:
Not impressed. Anyone can be an animal communicator if they quiet their minds. I happen to be a household appliance communicator - and my rates are quite reasonable. My specialty is kitchen appliances, but, I can do most room varietals, including garage and woodshed appliances.

Can you tell me why my toaster is depressed? :cry:

I want to know why they can see animal's thoughts but not people's thoughts. Let's see, could it be that we can verify what people are thinking but not what Fido is thinking? But that would imply fraud!

So, do these people really think they see the thoughts of animals - are they fooling themselves as well as others - or is this simple fraud?

People who claim to be psychic frequently use the metaphor that they are radios, and that they "tune in" to a certain frequency when they are doing their work. Maybe they are saying that some psychics are better at receiving the "animal frequency" and some are better at receiving the "human frequency".

p.s. Bun said she would like have a new catnip mousie- red preferably- and Zoobie asks that you please not rub her belly fur in the opposite direction that it grows.
( :wink: kidding!)

Math Is Hard said:
- and Zoobie asks that you please not rub her belly fur in the opposite direction that it grows.

But you don't need to be psychic to know this...cats are very effective at communicating this through sign language, i.e., claws!

I don't think these people really believe this stuff, I think they just found a gullible audience willing to pay for such a service.

Then again, I can communicate with sheep...I just pace the field, telepathically talking to each of them, and they all walk in the direction I ask them to...well, except that one stubborn one that always refuses to listen to me and has to do her own thing. :rofl:

Math Is Hard said:
Can you tell me why my toaster is depressed? :cry:
That is an easy one. Your toaster is depressed because it feels crumby deep down inside.

I have no doubt that we can communicate with animals on many levels. Body language tells much. Tsu and I have learned to read cats extremely well, and dogs reasonably well, but I can say that they read me better than I read them; much better. Sometimes I could almost believe that they can read our minds.

Math Is Hard said:
p.s. Bun said she would like have a new catnip mousie- red preferably- and Zoobie asks that you please not rub her belly fur in the opposite direction that it grows.

I strongly suggest staying out of Buns little head. She's psychotic!

Er, catatonic judging by the avatar.

I just wanted to repeat an earlier suggestion I made that a better test for psychics is being demonstrated currently on Court TV (Tuesday evenings) with their new series of episodes called "Psychic Detectives." There one can witness how predictions turn out and judge them by results. So far I am really impressed by how well some of the psychics do; if the TV show isn't scamming us, then the results are far better than what guessing could achieve.

Ivan, I think a psycho-kitty mind-meld could only improve my personality. :devil:
Moonbear, that sheep trick is pretty cool! I thought only border collies could use mind control on sheep. They really do seem to have a supernatural communication - all they do is look at the sheep a certain way and the sheep behave.
Chronos, you are a true "toaster-whisperer". :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear said:
Then again, I can communicate with sheep...I just pace the field, telepathically talking to each of them, and they all walk in the direction I ask them to...well, except that one stubborn one that always refuses to listen to me and has to do her own thing. :rofl:
Moonbear, you kill me! :rofl:

1. What is a pet psychic?

A pet psychic is a person who claims to have the ability to communicate with animals telepathically and understand their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.

2. How does a pet psychic communicate with animals?

A pet psychic may use a variety of methods to communicate with animals, such as telepathy, intuition, energy reading, and body language observation. Some pet psychics also use tools like tarot cards or pendulums.

3. Is pet psychic reading considered a legitimate science?

Pet psychic reading is not considered a legitimate science by the scientific community. There is no scientific evidence to support the existence of telepathic communication with animals.

4. Can a pet psychic help solve behavioral issues with pets?

There is no scientific evidence to support the effectiveness of pet psychic readings in solving behavioral issues with pets. It is always recommended to seek professional help from a certified animal behaviorist or veterinarian.

5. How do I know if a pet psychic is legitimate?

It can be difficult to determine the legitimacy of a pet psychic as there is no scientific way to validate their abilities. It is important to do thorough research and read reviews before choosing a pet psychic, and keep in mind that their readings should not be used as a substitute for professional veterinary care.