Coefficient of sliding friction without an Fa

In summary, the problem involves a 65kg crate being accelerated at 7 m/s/s up an incline of 25 degrees with the horizontal. The coefficient of sliding friction is .2 and the force needed to accomplish this motion is unknown. To find the force, the equation mu=Ff/Fn must be manipulated, but since the crate is on an incline, additional components of the force are needed. To solve this, a free body diagram must be drawn and the forces must be broken down into their perpendicular and parallel components, requiring the use of trigonometry.
!!!!!!!
Problem: A 65kg create is to be accelerated at 7 m/s/s up an incline making an angle of 25 degrees with the horizontal. If the coefficient of sliding friction is .2, what force is needed to accomplish this motion?

Well I've tried manipulating this equation to give me either a Ff or an Fn for the mu=Ff/Fn equation. Problem is where its on an incline, i need Facos25 and Fasin25, but i don't have an Fa, all I am given is a 7m/s/s. I am a bit stuck and need some help here
Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
this is a tough one, anybody?

draw a FBD and then break it down into all the forces acting on it

What is the coefficient of sliding friction?

The coefficient of sliding friction is a measure of the force required to slide one surface over another. It is a dimensionless quantity that represents the relationship between the force of friction and the normal force between two surfaces.

How is the coefficient of sliding friction calculated?

The coefficient of sliding friction is calculated by dividing the force of friction by the normal force. This can be done experimentally by measuring the force required to slide one surface over another at different angles or speeds, or it can be calculated using equations based on the materials and surfaces involved.

What factors affect the coefficient of sliding friction?

The coefficient of sliding friction can be affected by several factors, including the surface roughness and texture, the materials and their properties, the normal force between the surfaces, and the presence of any lubricants or contaminants.

How can the coefficient of sliding friction be reduced?

The coefficient of sliding friction can be reduced by using lubricants, such as oils or greases, between the surfaces. Additionally, using smoother and more polished surfaces can also help to reduce the coefficient of sliding friction.

Why is the coefficient of sliding friction important?

The coefficient of sliding friction is important in understanding how objects interact and move against each other. It is also crucial in engineering and designing systems where sliding motion is involved, such as in machines and vehicles.