Matric Proof: A, X', and Inverse - All You Need to Know | AA=A

• Thread starter BigDave48
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Proof
In summary, A must be a square matrix, (X'X) must also be a square matrix, and X can also be a square matrix. Matrix A is an idempotent matrix. This means that AA=A. The provided equation for A, which includes the identity matrix I and the inverse and transpose of (X'X), may be difficult to understand but essentially means that A is a square matrix.
BigDave48
Let A= I - X(X'X)inverseX' to clarify: '=transpose; inverse of quantity (X'X)

1. Must A be a square matrix?
2. Must (X'X) be a square matrix?
3. Must X be a square matrix?
4. Show whether matrix A is an idempotent matrix (i.e. that AA=A)

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
im so stupid! i can't follow aNY OF THAT. if i could understand the question i could answer it instantly.

Sorry. I really would appreciate some help.

To be more clear: I is an identity matrix

Questions 1,2,and 3 are essentially Yes/No with a provided proof or explanation.

Does this help, clarify?

Thanks.

come on man.

What do you mean by
"Let A= I - X(X'X)inverseX' to clarify: '=transpose; inverse of quantity (X'X)"

Sorry but it's incomprehensible.

1. What is a Matric proof?

A Matric proof is a type of mathematical proof used to prove the validity of a mathematical statement or equation. It involves using logical reasoning and mathematical techniques to show that the statement is true.

2. How do I start a Matric proof?

The first step in starting a Matric proof is to carefully read and understand the statement or equation that you are trying to prove. Then, think about the concepts and properties that are relevant to the statement and how they can be used to support your proof.

3. What are some tips for writing a successful Matric proof?

Some tips for writing a successful Matric proof include clearly stating the given information, using precise mathematical language, and organizing your proof in a clear and logical manner. It is also important to double-check your work and make sure all steps are justified.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid in Matric proofs?

Some common mistakes to avoid in Matric proofs include making assumptions or using faulty logic, skipping steps without justification, and not clearly stating the given information. It is also important to check for any errors in calculations or algebraic manipulations.

5. How can I improve my skills in writing Matric proofs?

To improve your skills in writing Matric proofs, it is helpful to practice regularly and seek feedback from others. You can also study and analyze well-written proofs to gain a better understanding of the techniques and strategies used. Additionally, seeking guidance from a teacher or tutor can be beneficial.