Online Physics Games & Simulations

In summary: I don't know if it's free or not, but it's worth checking out.In summary, online physics games and simulations abound, but gish is a particularly beautiful and well-made example.
Eezekiel
Does anyone know of any good online physics games or simulations?

Likes leajennifer37
Physics news on Phys.org
thanks guys this will keep me busy for while.

these are so good stuff! thanks for sharing!

physicsgames.net can't give a more obvious answer then that lol

There's a game called Crayon Physics...on computer and Iphone...and it's really fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got another game called Armadillo Run...it's a 3d game, with the goal to make the ball like armadillo reach the goal place from the start position with the help of suitable materials. You can control the tension's in strings and materials too...and overall, it's really really interesting.

I don't think I learned any physics from these, but I'm sure the programmers did. nice diversion though!

They're games based on mechanical physics, such as Newtonian mechanics and other classical ideas. They aren't meant to teach you physics.

http://www.worldofgoo.com/

This is an amazing game. But sadly it isn't free. It is similar to crayon physics, but way too cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A_JfkzPwww

http://www.hemispheregames.com/osmos/

It's available for iPhone, iPad, PC, Mac, and Linux. It's $10, but it really is entertaining. If you're knowledgeable about orbits and how they react, it has a relation to physics. The basic idea behind the game is the laws of motion.

You are controlling this bubble in a closed arena. There are also other little bubbles in the arena. Your objective is to consume all the bubbles. When you consume the bubbles you get larger. You move your bubble by clicking on the screen. Clicking will shoot out a small bubble in the direction you click and you are propelled in the opposite direction. There is also gravity involved, elliptical orbits, and a bunch of other cool stuff.

Oh, and it's called Osmos by Hemisphere Games.

Try this one, for cricket

http://www.simplylearnt.com/practice/questions/wc-2011/Electrostatics-1

Nice, I really wanted to be good in Physics but I just couldn't get it. I really feel bad.

can any of them simulate fluids?like water,air,air pressure etc. can any of them simulate a barometer?

Try www.Newton-world.net . It's a simulator I made for my physics class, though it's mostly for elementary physics concepts.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're into Space and space programs in general then I'd highly recommend Kerbal space program, it's a sandbox game with the application of the laws of physics, you can download the demo for free and then decide wheteher to purchase the actual game which once bought you are able to download for free the continuous new versions as it's being heavily developed. The price is $18 usd which is about £12 gbp. Endless fun, extremely addictive and an excellent educational tool for all ages!

Here's a link: :)

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/

This is more of a Chemistry game but still... powdertoy.co.uk
Powder Toy has fluid and powder physics. If you have ever played Powder Game then this is more advanced. It has nuclear fission, fusion, subatomic particles, electric currents, acids, diferent states of matter, photons and more cool stuff.

"Crayon Physics" is kind of a neat concept. You draw objects such as rocks or sticks or ramps, and then they fall under gravity. You are supposed to solve puzzles like getting some object to some destination using hand-drawn levers and weights and so forth.

http://www.crayonphysics.com/

^The funny thing about Crayon Physics (which the creator admits) is that it is more of a sandbox than a puzzle game. You can do so many things that the puzzles are easy. To be a good puzzle game it would have needed to be very restrictive which would have made it less fun.

Is there a program where I can
- define different particle types
- set and customize particle features (for example size, attraction/repulsion)
- connect particles into chains like molecules
And then simulate all that?

Thanks for the links.

Physics Game Apps
http://blogs.kqed.org/mindshift/2014/01/beyond-angry-birds-five-apps-that-test-your-physics-skills/

World of Goo is one of my personal favorites!

Likes stevendaryl
<h2>1. What are online physics games and simulations?</h2><p>Online physics games and simulations are interactive digital activities that allow users to explore and experiment with various principles and concepts of physics in a virtual environment. These games and simulations often involve puzzles, challenges, and simulations of real-world scenarios to help players understand and apply physics concepts.</p><h2>2. How do online physics games and simulations help with learning?</h2><p>Online physics games and simulations can be a fun and engaging way to supplement traditional classroom learning. By allowing players to interact with and manipulate physics concepts in a virtual environment, these games and simulations can help improve understanding, problem-solving skills, and critical thinking abilities.</p><h2>3. Are online physics games and simulations suitable for all ages?</h2><p>Yes, there are online physics games and simulations available for all ages and skill levels. Some games may be more advanced and geared towards older players, while others may be designed for younger children to introduce basic physics concepts in a fun and interactive way.</p><h2>4. Can online physics games and simulations be used for educational purposes?</h2><p>Yes, many online physics games and simulations are designed specifically for educational purposes and can be used in a classroom setting. These games and simulations often align with curriculum standards and can be a useful tool for teachers to supplement their lessons and engage students in learning.</p><h2>5. Do I need any special software or equipment to play online physics games and simulations?</h2><p>Most online physics games and simulations can be accessed through a web browser and do not require any special software or equipment. However, some games may require a computer with certain specifications or a stable internet connection to run smoothly.</p>

1. What are online physics games and simulations?

Online physics games and simulations are interactive digital activities that allow users to explore and experiment with various principles and concepts of physics in a virtual environment. These games and simulations often involve puzzles, challenges, and simulations of real-world scenarios to help players understand and apply physics concepts.

2. How do online physics games and simulations help with learning?

Online physics games and simulations can be a fun and engaging way to supplement traditional classroom learning. By allowing players to interact with and manipulate physics concepts in a virtual environment, these games and simulations can help improve understanding, problem-solving skills, and critical thinking abilities.

3. Are online physics games and simulations suitable for all ages?

Yes, there are online physics games and simulations available for all ages and skill levels. Some games may be more advanced and geared towards older players, while others may be designed for younger children to introduce basic physics concepts in a fun and interactive way.

4. Can online physics games and simulations be used for educational purposes?

Yes, many online physics games and simulations are designed specifically for educational purposes and can be used in a classroom setting. These games and simulations often align with curriculum standards and can be a useful tool for teachers to supplement their lessons and engage students in learning.

5. Do I need any special software or equipment to play online physics games and simulations?

Most online physics games and simulations can be accessed through a web browser and do not require any special software or equipment. However, some games may require a computer with certain specifications or a stable internet connection to run smoothly.