What is the different between Fundamentals of Physics Extended and non extended

In summary, the conversation is about the difference between the non-extended and extended versions of a book on Fundamentals of Physics. The person is wondering if they can still use the extended version instead of the non-extended one. They tried reading the descriptions on Amazon, but they both seem to have the same information. It is mentioned that the extended version has additional chapters on Relativity, Quantum Physics, and Nuclear Physics, but otherwise the content is the same. The person also expresses their gratitude for the help and mentions that their professor may not be knowledgeable about the difference between the versions.
wildplace
well, i know there must be a different between them with the word "EXTENDED"
here is my problem,
my class required Fundamentals of Physics(NON EXTENDED) and i bought a Extended instead...so can i still use Fundamentals of Physics Extended instead of the non extended?? does Extended version has all information that non-extended had?
i tried to read the description from amazon.com.. but they both telling me the same things =[
thank you for all your advices :D

Physics news on Phys.org
The extended version has extra chapters at the end of the book on Relativity, Quantum Physics, and Nuclear Physics. The rest of the content is exactly the same. =]

thanks for your help =]
professor just being not knowledgeable ~

What is the difference between Fundamentals of Physics Extended and non extended?

Fundamentals of Physics Extended is an expanded version of the original Fundamentals of Physics textbook, with additional chapters and content. Non extended refers to the original version of the textbook without any added content.

What additional content is included in Fundamentals of Physics Extended?

Fundamentals of Physics Extended includes additional chapters on modern physics topics such as quantum mechanics, relativity, and nuclear physics. It also includes more in-depth coverage of classical topics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, and electromagnetism.

Are the concepts covered in both versions the same?

Yes, the concepts covered in both versions are the same. However, Fundamentals of Physics Extended goes into more detail and covers a broader range of topics compared to the non extended version.

Which version is more suitable for advanced students?

Fundamentals of Physics Extended is more suitable for advanced students as it covers more topics in greater depth. It is often used in university-level physics courses.

Are there any differences in the format or layout of the two versions?

There are no significant differences in the format or layout of the two versions. Both versions have clear explanations, examples, and practice problems to help students understand the concepts.