Electrical/Electrical books for circuit/network theory

In summary, the person is requesting a book recommendation for understanding network theory, specifically the usage of complex exponentials and the term "s" ejwt. They are willing to read any math book for understanding complex numbers and are asking for help. The suggested book is Lathi's Signals and Systems, which has chapters on both complex numbers and sinusoids. The person is also advised to use Google to gather more information. They are looking for a resource with a physical interpretation.
hannibal2469
guys i have a humble request
i really need a very good to understand network theory

more specifically i need a book that has a very good explanation of the complex exponentials
the usage of the term "s" ejwt etc has really given me headache
i really want to understand this concept especially its physical interpretation i mean ejwt is imaginary right ? how can it be used
i am willing to read any maths book for understanding complex numbers from beginning if required
pleasez help

Physics news on Phys.org
can somebody please reply

Lathi - Signals and Systems.

Any intro EE book or signals book should have a chapter [ at least] on signals, as well as a review chapter on complex numbers. Lathi's book has a beginning chapter on both complex numbers and sinusoids.

Google is also your [free] friend in information gathering. I am sure there is a wealth of freely available information.

thanks for the reply
i will take a look at it but i think lathi will from a mathematical point if view
i want something with some physical interpretation

I can understand your struggle with understanding complex exponentials and their usage in network theory. It is a complex topic and requires a strong foundation in mathematics. I would recommend starting with a book on complex numbers and their applications in science and engineering. This will help you understand the basics of complex numbers, including their physical interpretation.

Some good books on this topic include "Complex Variables and Applications" by James Ward Brown and Ruel V. Churchill, "Complex Variables: Introduction and Applications" by Mark J. Ablowitz and Athanassios S. Fokas, and "Complex Analysis: A First Course with Applications" by Dennis G. Zill and Patrick D. Shanahan.

Once you have a good understanding of complex numbers, you can move on to a book specifically focused on network theory. Some recommendations include "Network Analysis, Synthesis and Design" by Franklin F. Kuo, "Electric Circuits" by James W. Nilsson and Susan A. Riedel, and "Circuits, Signals, and Systems for Bioengineers" by John Semmlow.

In addition to books, there are also many online resources available that can help you understand complex exponentials and their usage in network theory. I would suggest looking for video lectures or tutorials that break down the concepts in a more visual and interactive manner.

Remember, learning complex concepts takes time and practice. Don't be discouraged if it takes some time to fully grasp the concept. Keep studying and seeking help when needed, and eventually, you will have a strong understanding of network theory.

1. What is the difference between AC and DC circuits?

AC (alternating current) circuits use a continuously changing electrical current, while DC (direct current) circuits have a constant flow of current in one direction. AC is typically used for long-distance power transmission, while DC is commonly used in electronic devices.

2. What is Kirchhoff's circuit laws?

Kirchhoff's circuit laws are fundamental principles in circuit analysis. The first law, also known as Kirchhoff's current law, states that the sum of currents entering a junction in a circuit must equal the sum of currents leaving the junction. The second law, or Kirchhoff's voltage law, states that the sum of voltage drops in a closed loop circuit must equal the sum of voltage sources in that same loop.

3. What is a network theorem?

A network theorem is a mathematical rule or principle used to simplify the analysis of complex electrical networks. Some common network theorems include Ohm's law, Norton's theorem, and Thevenin's theorem.

4. What is the purpose of a circuit diagram?

A circuit diagram is a visual representation of an electrical circuit, showing the connections between components and their arrangement. It is used to aid in the design, analysis, and troubleshooting of circuits, and can also serve as a blueprint for building the actual circuit.

5. What are the most common components in an electrical circuit?

The most common components in an electrical circuit include resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, transistors, and power sources such as batteries or generators. These components are used to control and manipulate the flow of electricity in a circuit.