Circuit Simulation Software

In summary, the person is looking for a circuit simulator that includes the PIC 18F4550 microcontroller, as their current software, Crocodile Technology, does not have the chip. They do not need the chip to actually function in the simulation, but they want to see all 40 pins as shown in the datasheet. They clarify that they only need the chip to appear in the circuit for visual purposes and do not need it to actually work. They are open to using PCB layout software with symbols for PICs, such as Eagle or DesignSpark, to achieve this.
Mike Charlie
Hi I am working on a project at the moment and I was wondering if there is any circuit simulator that includes the PIC 18F4550 microcontroller. I currently use Crocodile Technology and I have tried editing the code to get the chip to just appear (I don't need it to do anything just sit there so I can wire around it) but it just crashes. So I am wondering if there is any software out there that has the chip in it. Also I want it to appear as it does in the datasheet i.e all 40 pins instead of just the i/o pins

Engineering news on Phys.org
Why would you put a chip in a simulator, if the chip is not going to do anything in the simulation?

I don't understand what you mean by "wire around it"?

Just so I can see what parts I need and how I would wire it. If it could simulate that would be brilliant but the bare minimal is to be able to be put into a circuit.

Mike Charlie said:
Just so I can see what parts I need and how I would wire it. If it could simulate that would be brilliant but the bare minimal is to be able to be put into a circuit.

Does your simulator have blank ICs that are just rectangles with numbered pins?

It does but nowhere near the amount of pins on the PIC 18F4550

If you are not actually going to simulate it, why not just use the schematic capture part of some PCB layout software ?
I am pretty sure you can find symbols for PICs in say Eagle or DesignSpark (free versions available).

Thanks f95toli DesignSpark works out, thanks for the help :)

1. What is circuit simulation software?

Circuit simulation software is a computer program that allows scientists and engineers to model and analyze electronic circuits. It uses mathematical algorithms to simulate how a circuit behaves under different conditions, such as varying inputs or component values.

2. What are the benefits of using circuit simulation software?

Using circuit simulation software can save time and resources by allowing scientists to test and refine their circuit designs virtually before building physical prototypes. It also allows for more complex and accurate analysis, as well as the ability to easily make changes and compare different circuit configurations.

3. What types of circuits can be simulated with circuit simulation software?

Circuit simulation software can simulate a wide range of circuits, including analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuits. It can also simulate various types of components, such as transistors, resistors, capacitors, and more.

4. How accurate are the results from circuit simulation software?

The accuracy of circuit simulation software depends on the complexity of the circuit being simulated and the accuracy of the models and algorithms used. Generally, the results are very close to the actual behavior of the circuit, but some discrepancies may occur.

5. What are some popular circuit simulation software programs?

Some popular circuit simulation software programs include LTspice, NI Multisim, PSpice, and QUCS. Each program has its own unique features and capabilities, so it is important to research and choose the one that best fits your specific needs.