Are Attachments Allowed in Messages on This Editor?

• Thread starter neilparker62
  • Start date
In summary: The option to attach files and insert an image is not available in the "messages" editor. This may be because it would cause too much of a load on the server or it may simply not be an option of the forum software. I always upload pictures to a host and send the link.
In this 'posts' editor there is an option to attach files and then 'insert image' as I am doing here. But you don't have that option in the 'messages' editor. Could it be included or is there a reason to avoid attachments in messages ?

PS: Good luck solving the 'example' graphic below!

attachment.php?attachmentid=72363&stc=1&d=1408701381.png

Attachments

• Hong Kong elementary.png
    Hong Kong elementary.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 642
Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
neilparker62 said:
PS: Good luck solving the 'example' graphic below!
I solved it in about 20 seconds, not sure if I was over or under. What seems bizarre to me is that there are admissions tests for first graders. Is it perhaps even worse, a test for preschoolers to get into first grade? Are they even expected to be able to read? Are they expected to read the instructions in 3 seconds and then use 17 seconds to solve the problem?

< 5 seconds
probably because I read too many mangas and kanji automatically has me reading right to left...

What do you mean "messages"? Like a private message?

You are correct, we do not allow attachments in private messages, my guess is it would cause too much of a load on the server, or it may simply not be an option of the forum software. I always upload pictures to a host and send the link.

Enigman said:
< 5 seconds
probably because I read too many mangas and kanji automatically has me reading right to left...

30 +/- 10 seconds

My guess is that I suffer more from vertical, rather than horizontal dyslexia, as I didn't start studying Parsi until about 5 years ago.

Though my penchant for IQ puzzles probably consumed the first 39 seconds. :wink:

Likes 1 person
In keeping with my evil image of being a hunched back troll that just randomly goes around closing threads to be spiteful, thread closed. The OP's question has been answered and this is Feedback. (crawls back under her rock)

If someone wants to post this in Brain Teasers, they can.

Last edited:
Likes 2 people
< 5 seconds for me. You just have to be able to read numbers that are written upside down...

Likes 1 person

What is an attachment for a message?

An attachment for a message is a file or document that is sent along with an email or other type of electronic message. This can include images, documents, videos, or any other type of file.

How do I attach a file to a message?

To attach a file to a message, you typically click on the "attach" or "paperclip" icon in your email or messaging program. You can then navigate to the file on your computer and select it to attach it to the message.

What types of files can be attached to a message?

Most email and messaging programs allow for a wide range of file types to be attached, including images, documents, videos, audio files, and more. However, there may be size limitations for attachments, so it's best to check with your specific program for details.

Is it safe to open attachments from unknown senders?

No, it is generally not safe to open attachments from unknown senders. Attachments can contain viruses, malware, or other harmful software that can damage your computer or compromise your personal information. It's always best to exercise caution and only open attachments from trusted sources.

Can I send large attachments through email or messaging?

It depends on the specific program you are using. Some email and messaging programs have size limitations for attachments, while others may allow for larger files to be sent through cloud storage services. It's best to check with your program for specific guidelines on sending large attachments.