How Far Can a Girl Travel in 6 Seconds at a Speed of 3m/s?

• Thread starter ross118
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, the girl running at a speed of 3m/s will travel 18 meters in 6 seconds. This can be calculated by multiplying the velocity of 3m/s by the time of 6 seconds. Remembering this simple trick and utilizing dimensional analysis can help in solving similar problems.
ross118
1. how far does a girl running at a speed of 3m/s travel in 6 seconds?

2. i don't know :/

3. i really need help

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to Physics forums.

Here is a simple trick to remembering how to get distance from velocity.

How man meters a second is she going and how many seconds is she running for?

She is running at 3m/s and she is running for 6s

hope this helps

ross118 said:
1. how far does a girl running at a speed of 3m/s travel in 6 seconds?

2. i don't know :/

3. i really need help

What does 3 m/s mean?

A helpful tactic for you, Ross, is something called dimensional analysis. Dimensional analysis is very useful in checking that your answer is correct, as well as understanding the logic behind the units being used. http://www.alysion.org/dimensional/fun.htm

Last edited:
dacruick said:
It means 3 metres per second. Which means that every second that passes the girl moves three metres. So if she's traveling for 10 seconds, that's three metres every second, that's 10 x 3, that's 30 metres.

Another tactic that will help you is dimensional analysis. Dimensional analysis basically means that you are using the units of measurement to deduce the correct steps. http://www.alysion.org/dimensional/fun.htm

Yes, I know that, does the OP?

sjb-2812 said:
Yes, I know that, does the OP?

Oh sorry! I thought the OP said that. Apologies. I'll edit my post :redface:

1. What kind of homework help can you provide?

I can provide assistance with a variety of subjects including math, science, history, English, and more. I am a scientist, so I am particularly knowledgeable in those areas.

2. Do you offer proofreading and editing services for essays and papers?

Yes, I can help proofread and edit your essays and papers for grammar, spelling, and content. I can also provide suggestions for improvement.

3. Will you do my homework for me?

No, I cannot do your homework for you. However, I can help guide you through the process, provide explanations and examples, and assist with any specific questions you may have.

4. How quickly can you help me with my homework?

It depends on the complexity of the assignment and my availability. However, I will do my best to assist you as soon as possible. Please provide enough time for me to review and properly help you with your homework.

5. How much does your homework help service cost?

I do not charge for my homework help service. I am happy to assist and share my knowledge with others. However, if you are satisfied with my help, you can always show your appreciation by leaving a tip or recommending me to others.