Microsoft announces newest version of Flight Simulator

In summary, Microsoft is releasing a new version of their Flight Simulator series, called "Flight Simulator X," in late 2006. They recently released Q&A's and screenshots for the new version. The speaker, a loyal follower of the series and a student pilot, is excited about the release. However, due to having a laptop, they may not be able to play the game.
z-component
For those of you who have been loyal followers of Microsoft's Flight Simulator series (I have every version since FS98 and am also currently a student pilot), you may or may not have heard the latest news regarding the all-new version coming out in late 2006.

Right now it's called "Flight Simulator X." This is the 10th version, so the X is fitting. Microsoft just recently released some Q&A's about the simulator (http://www.avsim.com/pages/0106/FSX/qanda.html) and some screenshots (http://www.avsim.com/pages/0106/FSX/fsx_thumbs.html) .

I for one am very excited that Microsoft is continuing to produce, in my opinion, the best "game" they've ever made. Hopefully, all of you aviation enthusiasts out there will be as well. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I can't wait

I probably won't be getting it since I'll have a laptop then and it's not very practical to play games on a laptop...

But I can still fly in real life (student pilot)!

1. What new features can we expect in the newest version of Flight Simulator from Microsoft?

The newest version of Flight Simulator from Microsoft will feature upgraded graphics, including more detailed and realistic scenery. It will also include new aircraft models, improved weather and environmental effects, and enhanced multiplayer capabilities.

2. Will the newest version of Flight Simulator be compatible with virtual reality?

Yes, the newest version of Flight Simulator will be compatible with virtual reality headsets, allowing players to fully immerse themselves in the flight experience.

3. When will the newest version of Flight Simulator be released?

Microsoft has announced that the newest version of Flight Simulator will be released in 2020, but an exact release date has not yet been confirmed.

4. Will the newest version of Flight Simulator be available for different platforms?

Yes, the newest version of Flight Simulator will be available for PC and Xbox One.

5. Are there any plans for downloadable content or expansions for the newest version of Flight Simulator?

Yes, Microsoft has stated that they plan to release downloadable content and expansions for the newest version of Flight Simulator, including new aircraft, airports, and scenery. They also plan to support third-party developers to create their own content for the game.