Is Intelligent Life Out There in the Universe?

• Thread starter MajorComplex
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Aliens
In summary, the conversation discusses the existence of alien life and the likelihood of communicating or being visited by them. The majority of people believe that intelligent life exists in the universe, but it is rare and we may never be able to communicate with it. Factors such as the vastness of space, the uniqueness of Earth's conditions, and the limitations of technology make it difficult to establish contact with other intelligent life forms. However, there is still a possibility that we are not alone in the universe, and advancements in technology may increase our chances of discovering and communicating with other forms of life.
You might find this interesting; from the UFO Napster in S&D.

INFLATION-THEORY IMPLICATIONS FOR EXTRATERRESTRIAL VISITATION
J. Deardorff, B. Haisch, B. Maccabee and H.E. Puthoff
Journal of the British Interplanetary Society, Vol 58, pp. 43-50, 2005.
http://www.ufoskeptic.org/JBIS.pdf

Physics news on Phys.org
gravenewworld said:
the claim that there definitely has to be intelligent life out there is mere speculation, not scientific fact--yet.
You state the obvious. I doubt anyone here sees this as anything other than speculation.

DaveC426913 said:
You state the obvious. I doubt anyone here sees this as anything other than speculation.

I think it's logical to say life on this planet is not unique, but it's still specualtion.:smile: