Candidate Quiz - Find Your Match

• News
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fun Quiz
In summary, the following is an interesting exercise. You answer a few questions then click the "find your candidate button" and the program selects the candidate who's position on the issues is most like your own. The program selects Biden as the most similar candidate.
The following is an interesting exercise... You answer a few questions then click the "find your candidate button" and the program selects the candidate who's position on the issues is most like your own...

http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460

My top three were:

Rudy - 31
Hillary - 25
Barack - 25

Physics news on Phys.org
my top was kucinich with 77 followed by dodd and clinton

Brownback and Kucinich are at a dead heat for me... Go figure.

wildman said:
Brownback and Kucinich are at a dead heat for me... Go figure.

Wow! What a bizarre combination. I'd never expect to hear both of those candidates in the same sentence.

Mine:
Biden: 26
Clinton: 21
Obama: 21
Kucinich: 19
Giuliani: 19

Surprising results (especially Kucinich), but the disaster in Iraq and how it affects so many other things (government spending, for example) make this race non-typical. Plus, the survey doesn't give choices that match my opinions particularly well - I just had to pick the best answer available.

The truth of the matter is that I don't agree with any of the Iraq positions listed, but the one I chose most closely aligned with Biden's positions. (Iraq is a lost cause and a non-issue in itself, but how we handle things in the Middle East post-Iraq is a huge issue facing the US.)

I'd normally be much more supportive of making tax cuts permanent, but this is sure a bad time to make tax cuts a priority when we're shelling out so much money for Iraq. That skews my ratings towards the Democrats. Changing that single answer would propel Giuliani to the top.

I'm not on the same page with Republicans on health care, either. While I may not agree completely with Dems on health care, it is a fact that we're paying for the medically uninsured one way or the other already. The more important issue is whether we're going to get the value we're paying for in the future. As medical costs skyrocket, it's naive to think insurance companies won't go after every loophole they can find to avoid paying out for claims. Something will have to give one way or the other.

The way the choices are worded make a big difference. On On the Issues website, my results were Biden, Richardson, McCain, and Clinton (seeing as how my top two candidates, Tommy Thompson and Jim Gilmore, both dropped out of the race).

Last edited:
I would put "line item veto" in the hands of Richardson, not Hillary or any republican.

I support Bill Richardson, but the survey said:

Dennis Kucinich
Score: 37

Bill Richardson
Score: 34

Mike Gravel
Score: 28

John Edwards

Giuliani/Dodd/Romney

BobG said:
Wow! What a bizarre combination.
Those were my thoughts.
The way the choices are worded make a big difference. On On the Issues website, my results were Biden, Richardson, McCain, and Clinton (seeing as how my top two candidates, Tommy Thompson and Jim Gilmore, both dropped out of the race).
Biden/Dodd/Paul. Giuliani is far down on the list, and Romney is dead last. My opinion: the "On The Issues" site does not word their issues well, has several replicated several issues, and omits several key issues.

kach22i said:
I would put "line item veto" in the hands of Richardson, not Hillary or any republican.

I support Bill Richardson, but the survey said:

Dennis Kucinich
Score: 37

Bill Richardson
Score: 34

Mike Gravel

John Edwards

On paper, I think Richardson is the best candidate, as well. He's failed to impress me in his debates and appearances, though. I'm beginning to think he'd be a pretty ineffective President - possibly as ineffective as Carter was.

Huckabee suffers the opposite problem. In character and persona, he's definitely the best candidate running ... except I have almost nothing in common with his views and priorities.

That's kind of the problem with any of these surveys. They only take a 2-dimensional look at a candidate.

BobG said:
On paper, I think Richardson is the best candidate, as well. He's failed to impress me in his debates and appearances, though. I'm beginning to think he'd be a pretty ineffective President - possibly as ineffective as Carter was.

This was my thought too. Ontheissue quiz Richardson came in 3rd for me, but in all the debates he's looked absolutely terrible as a speaker/communicator.

Weird, the following all tied at 40 - Clinton, Obama, Edwards, Richardson and Juliani.

Joe Biden got 45

No surprise - Ron Paul at 14 and Huckabee at 12

I got Biden at 50, Obama at 44 and Clinton at 42. (I disagreed with Biden only on the Social security issue, it seems)

Does that make me a bad person?

Last edited:
I got Dodd 54, Kucinich 49, Clinton 47, but then I'm not from the US so it doesn't really mean much!

Dodd - 42
Obama - 41
Hillary - 41
Edwards - 41
Kucinich - 39
Gravel - 34
Richardson - 34
McCain - 7
Huckabee - 4
Thompson - 2

The top 8 are Democrats. The bottom 10 are either Republicans or Fred Thompson (who?)
edit: Ron Pual was at 14. He's a special case :wink:I retook the test and gave the most retarded answers possible. Top 5 are:
Thompson - 52
Hunter - 52
McCain - 51
Gilmore - 44
Huckabee - 44

That Thompson guy must be seriously retarded or something. Hurr let's waste a bunch of time with gay marriage amendments, stay in Iraq until the end of time, and make sure women can only have illegal abortions. Oh and stem cells are the next Hitler, pass it on.

Last edited:
Kucinich at 58. Nobody else got over 48, where Gravel and Richardson were tied.

I gave as retarted answers as I could and I got Romney. Interesting. A Republican won both when I was trying to be dumb and smart.

Retarded answers, love it.

Top 5

Dennis Kucinich
Score: 39

Chris Dodd
Score: 31

Barack Obama
Score: 26

Hillary Clinton
Score: 26

Ron Paul
Score: 25

1. What is the purpose of "Candidate Quiz - Find Your Match"?

The purpose of "Candidate Quiz - Find Your Match" is to help individuals find political candidates that align with their beliefs and values.

2. How does "Candidate Quiz - Find Your Match" work?

"Candidate Quiz - Find Your Match" uses a series of questions to assess an individual's political views and preferences. Based on their responses, the quiz will match them with political candidates who share similar beliefs and values.

3. Is "Candidate Quiz - Find Your Match" unbiased?

Yes, "Candidate Quiz - Find Your Match" is designed to be objective and unbiased. The questions are formulated to assess an individual's views and values, rather than promote a specific candidate or party.

4. How accurate are the results from "Candidate Quiz - Find Your Match"?

The accuracy of the results from "Candidate Quiz - Find Your Match" depends on the honesty and thoughtfulness of the individual taking the quiz. The more accurately they answer the questions, the more accurate the results will be in finding a suitable political candidate.

5. Can I retake the quiz if I am not satisfied with my initial results?

Yes, you can retake the quiz as many times as you like. Your results may vary depending on how your views and values may have changed since your previous attempt.