Looking for a Tablet PC for Under $2000? Any Recommendations?

• Thread starter myuugen
  • Start date
In summary, tablets are touch-screen devices that use software to display and manipulate digital information. They come in different types such as traditional tablets, 2-in-1 tablets, and e-readers. Tablets offer portability, convenience, and affordability but may have limitations in terms of storage and processing power. They can also be used for work or school purposes, but their capabilities may not be as extensive as a laptop.
myuugen
Do you guys have any recommendations for a tablet pc? I'm in the market for one since I'm transfering to a 4 year to work on an engineering degree. I'd like to be able to do some autocad, take notes, have it do equations, and the occasional starcraft beat down. I'm in the market for something around $2000. Thanks!

Computer science news on Phys.org
I have seen some nice ones from hp. I haven't really looked on them much though.

I would recommend considering several factors when looking for a tablet PC for under $2000. First, consider the specifications and capabilities of the tablet, such as the processor, RAM, storage capacity, and graphics card. These will determine the tablet's performance and ability to handle programs like AutoCAD and gaming. It may be helpful to read reviews and compare different models to find one that meets your specific needs.

Additionally, consider the brand and customer support. Look for reputable brands with good customer service in case you encounter any issues with your tablet.

Another important factor to consider is the battery life. Depending on how long you will be using the tablet for school and work, you may want to choose a tablet with a longer battery life or one that has the option for extended battery life.

Lastly, consider the size and weight of the tablet. As an engineering student, you may need to carry your tablet around with you frequently, so it's important to find one that is portable and easy to use.

In terms of specific recommendations, some popular tablet PC options within the $2000 budget range include the Microsoft Surface Pro, Dell XPS 13 2-in-1, and Lenovo Yoga C940. I suggest researching these models and others that meet your criteria to find the best fit for your needs and budget.

1. How do tablets work?

Tablets work by using touch-screen technology and software to display and manipulate digital information. They have a built-in battery, processor, and memory, and connect to the internet through WiFi or cellular data.

2. What are the different types of tablets?

There are several types of tablets, including traditional tablets, 2-in-1 tablets (also known as hybrid or convertible tablets), and e-readers. Traditional tablets have a touch screen and can run various apps, while 2-in-1 tablets can also function as a laptop with a detachable keyboard. E-readers are specifically designed for reading and have a more limited range of features.

3. What are the advantages of using a tablet?

Tablets offer a portable and convenient way to access the internet, read e-books, watch videos, and use apps. They are also typically more affordable than laptops and have longer battery life.

4. Are there any drawbacks to using a tablet?

Some potential drawbacks of using a tablet include limited storage and processing power compared to a laptop, and the lack of a physical keyboard can make typing and productivity tasks more difficult. Additionally, tablets may not be as durable as laptops and may need to be replaced more frequently.

5. Can tablets be used for work or school purposes?

Yes, many tablets now have productivity apps and features that make them suitable for work or school use. However, the type and amount of work that can be done on a tablet may be limited compared to a laptop.