Simple 2 variable integral just want to check my answer

In summary, a simple 2 variable integral is an integral with two variables, typically represented by x and y. To solve it, you can use basic rules of integration and identify limits of integration. Checking the answer ensures correctness and can be done with a calculator or differentiation. Common mistakes to avoid include incorrect limits, forgetting the chain rule, and algebraic errors.
Daveyboy
f(x,y)=x+y
region is the triangle with vertices at (0,0) (2,0) (0,1)

I got 1/3

don't have maple handy, could anyone check if this is right?

Physics news on Phys.org
I get 1.
I'm pretty sure of this answer, because I did this problem in two different ways, and got the same answer both ways.

thanks i see it now

What is a simple 2 variable integral?

A simple 2 variable integral is an integral with two variables, typically represented by x and y. It involves finding the area under a two-dimensional graph and is commonly used in calculus and other branches of mathematics.

How do you solve a simple 2 variable integral?

To solve a simple 2 variable integral, you can use the basic rules of integration, such as the power rule and the substitution rule. First, you must identify the limits of integration and then follow the appropriate steps to evaluate the integral.

What is the purpose of checking the answer for a simple 2 variable integral?

Checking the answer for a simple 2 variable integral ensures that the solution is correct and can help identify any mistakes made during the integration process. It is an important step in problem-solving and can help improve understanding of the concept.

How can I check my answer for a simple 2 variable integral?

To check your answer for a simple 2 variable integral, you can use a graphing calculator or online integral calculator. Alternatively, you can differentiate your solution and see if it matches the original function.

Are there any common mistakes to avoid when solving a simple 2 variable integral?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving a simple 2 variable integral include incorrect limits of integration, forgetting to apply the chain rule, and making algebraic mistakes during the integration process. It's important to double-check your work and be mindful of these potential errors.