Calculating Car Acceleration on a 3% Slope at 88.5 km/h

• Thread starter Apprentice123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Car Dynamic
I don't know what I did wrong.In summary, the car is traveling up a slope of 2% at a constant speed of 80.5 km/h. If the driver does not change the motion, or change the pressure of their foot on the accelerator, the acceleration of the car down a 3% slope would be 0.294 m/s^2.
Apprentice123
A car is rising an excerpt in slope of 2%, at a constant speed of 88,5 km/h.
If the driver does not change the motion, or changing the pressure of your foot on the accelerator, which should be the acceleration of the car down the stretch of 3%?Answer
0,491 m/s^2

Attachments

• 12.8.GIF
    12.8.GIF
    11.1 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Apprentice123 said:
A car is rising an excerpt in slope of 2%, at a constant speed of 80,5 km/h.
If the driver does not change the motion, or changing the pressure of your foot on the accelerator, which should be the acceleration of the car down the stretch of 3%?

Answer
0,491 m/s^2

People can't help you unless you post your attempted solutions. It's a place where people help you on homework, not do your homework for you.

kNYsJakE said:
People can't help you unless you post your attempted solutions. It's a place where people help you on homework, not do your homework for you.

I'm not asking you to resolve. I would like an explanation of the exercise

It is:

I have a triangle of sides 2 and 100. Find the angle with the floor.

theta = 1,145

velocity x sin(theta) = 24,58 x sin(1,145) = 0,4911 m/s^2.

correct ? I did not use the slope of 3%

Your value for the angle of the incline (on the upward slope) is correct (edit: in degrees).

Your velocity in m/s looks wrong.

Your method also looks wrong. It makes no sense to get an acceleration by multiplying a velocity by a dimensionless number. Do you understand why this is wrong? vsin(theta) is meaningless here.

Apprentice123 said:
A car is rising an excerpt in slope of 2%, at a constant speed of 80,5 km/h.
If the driver does not change the motion, or changing the pressure of your foot on the accelerator, which should be the acceleration of the car down the stretch of 3%?

Hi Apprentice123! :smile:

Hint: on the upslope, the acceleration is zero …

so what is the force per mass? :wink:

Apprentice123 said:
I'm not asking you to resolve. I would like an explanation of the exercise

If the driver is moving at a constant speed, then a = 0. By Newton's second law, the net force on the car is zero. This means that

magnitude of forward force due to engine = magnitude of backward force due to weight. Therefore:

STEP 1: You can figure out how much force the engine is providing to drive the car upward.

Here, forward and backward are directions along the incline.

On the way down, the driver doesn't change the gas applied. Therefore, the force due to the engine is the same. This is the key to solving the problem.

cepheid said:
If the driver is moving at a constant speed, then a = 0. By Newton's second law, the net force on the car is zero. This means that

magnitude of forward force due to engine = magnitude of backward force due to weight. Therefore:

STEP 1: You can figure out how much force the engine is providing to drive the car upward.

Here, forward and backward are directions along the incline.

On the way down, the driver doesn't change the gas applied. Therefore, the force due to the engine is the same. This is the key to solving the problem.

I edited the speed (was wrong in the order of exercise).
Sorry, I do not understand English very well.
Are you saying that:

Psin(theta) = m.a ?
I find a = 0,294 m/s^2

Apprentice123 said:
Psin(theta) = m.a ?
I find a = 0,294 m/s^2

Sorry, I don't know what P is.

Component of weight parallel to plane = ma

EDIT: I don't get the same answer as you.

What is a dynamic car?

A dynamic car is a vehicle that has the ability to change and adapt to different driving conditions, such as adjusting its suspension or engine performance.

What features make a car dynamic?

Some features that make a car dynamic include adjustable suspension, variable engine modes, and active aerodynamics.

How does a dynamic car improve performance?

A dynamic car can improve performance by allowing the driver to customize and adjust the car's settings to suit their driving style and the current road conditions.

Are there different types of dynamic cars?

Yes, there are different types of dynamic cars such as sports cars, luxury cars, and off-road vehicles. Each type may have different features and capabilities that make them dynamic.

What are the benefits of driving a dynamic car?

The benefits of driving a dynamic car include improved handling and control, increased performance and efficiency, and a more customizable driving experience.