How Can I Use VB to Extract Specific Strings from a Character Set?

• Thread starter Alek
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Program
In summary, The conversation is about a problem involving a string of 56 characters with 26 alphabets in disorder. The goal is to use VB to extract specific words and numbers from the string. The person is looking for ideas and guidance on how to do this. They also mention some unrelated thoughts and ask for a clearer description of the problem.
Alek
I have 56 characters in whcih there are 26 alphabets in disorder
Looks like: Donkey$^$%^@^$#@&$?<>Crigayis%$#%Mills%$#MicrosftDO**G*Team%^$%^$$77Ash...etc
(up to 56)
I'd like to use VB to take out "DonkeyCrigayisMillsMicrosoftDO**G**Team" and "77ash".

Anyone has any ideas? Teach me please!

Thanx,

~Alek

Computer science news on Phys.org
Meh,
old, young, even lesb ladies need soft throbs, don't move so hard and fast or she can't do it next time with yo :D. But these have experianced billions of times, i don't no they will take it hard ? Errosion! :D
asscii chars Comparison helps ?

Could you try to give us a better description of your problem? Frankly what you have given us makes little sense to me.

The mid function will do what you want but we need to understand your initial string (strings?) better to be able to separate the information you want.

What is a VB program?

A VB program, short for Visual Basic program, is a computer program written using the Visual Basic programming language. It is commonly used for creating Windows applications and is known for its ease of use and user-friendly interface.

What are the 56 characters in a VB program?

The 56 characters in a VB program refer to the maximum number of characters allowed in a variable name. This limit ensures that variable names are concise and easy to read, making the code more organized and efficient.

Can a VB program have more than 56 characters?

Yes, a VB program can have more than 56 characters in a variable name, but it is not recommended. Using longer variable names can make the code harder to read and understand, which can lead to errors and difficulties in debugging.

What are the advantages of using a VB program?

Some advantages of using a VB program include its user-friendly interface, ease of use, and the ability to quickly create Windows applications. It also has a large community of developers and resources available, making it easier to learn and troubleshoot any issues.

Are there any limitations to using a VB program?

While VB programs have many advantages, they also have some limitations. For example, VB is primarily used for creating Windows applications and may not be suitable for other platforms or types of programs. It also has limited support for newer technologies compared to other programming languages.