Polarimetry - Questions on Frequency, Speed, Wavelength & Amplitude

• Thread starter mcwhk
  • Start date
In summary, polarimetry is a scientific technique that measures the polarization of light by analyzing the direction and intensity of the electric field within a light wave. The frequency of light does not directly affect polarimetry, but longer wavelengths can produce more accurate results. The speed of light in polarimetry is constant and does not change in different mediums. The wavelength of light is an important factor in polarimetry as it determines the angle of rotation of the polarization plane. Lastly, the amplitude of light in polarimetry refers to the maximum displacement of the electric field and can affect the accuracy of measurements.
mcwhk
i just saw a post which explain the principle of polarimetry here:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=52941

and i got few questions on my head:

movies said: frequency of the light is changed when pass through the isomer.
so, how do the speed of light, and wavelength of light changed? and how about amplitude?

after changing the intersecting point of 2 perpendicular wave, how is the resultant vector look like?

thanks

Chemistry news on Phys.org
really no one knows?

please help me...

1. What is polarimetry?

Polarimetry is a scientific technique used to measure the polarization of light. It involves analyzing the direction and intensity of the electric field in a light wave as it propagates through a medium.

2. How does the frequency of light affect polarimetry?

The frequency of light does not directly affect polarimetry. However, the wavelength of light, which is inversely proportional to frequency, can influence the measurements. Longer wavelengths tend to produce more accurate results in polarimetry experiments.

3. What is the speed of light in polarimetry?

The speed of light in polarimetry is the same as the speed of light in a vacuum, which is approximately 299,792,458 meters per second. This speed is constant and does not change in different mediums.

4. How does wavelength affect polarimetry?

The wavelength of light is an important factor in polarimetry because it determines the angle of rotation of the polarization plane. Longer wavelengths have a smaller angle of rotation, making them more suitable for precise measurements in polarimetry.

5. What is the amplitude of light in polarimetry?

The amplitude of light in polarimetry refers to the maximum displacement of the electric field from its equilibrium position. This is important in polarimetry as it can affect the accuracy of measurements, with larger amplitudes leading to more accurate results.