Can you recite Pi to 24 digits?

• Thread starter Integral
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pi
In summary, the conversation involves a group of individuals discussing alcohol and quantum mechanics. They joke about going out drinking and mention a scotch and electroejaculator. They also talk about counting digits and probes. Eventually, they decide to stick with two digits and mention a painting and the number pi. One of them mentions having grey gooses and another mentions being drunk. The conversation ends with someone mentioning the invention of an electroejaculator and making a joke about it.
Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
How I need a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy lectures involving quantum mechanics. All of thy geometry, Herr Planck, is fairly hard

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, selfAdjoint already has the scotch and is over there singing Bobbie Burns tunes. I'll pass on the scotch, but if you've got anything better tasting and equally strong, bring it along; it's been that sort of day.

Do Ivan and I have to take you out drinking this weekend? :biggrin: (Before or after dinner? :biggrin:)

Tsu said:
Do Ivan and I have to take you out drinking this weekend? :biggrin: (Before or after dinner? :biggrin:)

Integral, watch your back! Tsu is just waiting to get some poor guy all liquored up to try out that electroejaculator on. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Well, selfAdjoint already has the scotch and is over there singing Bobbie Burns tunes. I'll pass on the scotch, but if you've got anything better tasting and equally strong, bring it along; it's been that sort of day.
Ooooo. I'd like a bit of that scotch, please. That sounds right tasty!11 :smile:

Moonbear said:
Integral, watch your back! Tsu is just waiting to get some poor guy all liquored up to try out that electroejaculator on. :biggrin:
Well, I need more DATA!1111 :rofl: :rofl:

OMG! what have I started!

You are supposed to be counting digits! NOT taking the message seriously.

I do not do hard liquor ofter or well. As for probe testing... I like my Probes purple!

Tsu said:
Well, I need more DATA!1111 :rofl: :rofl:

Great! We can really improve this experiment with a multi-site comparison of results. I think tribdog has forgotten all about last week. I'm sure I can handle him on my own for this one. Keep that cell phone handy, we can compare notes as we gather the data. :rofl:

Integral said:
OMG! what have I started!

You are supposed to be counting digits! NOT taking the message seriously.

I do not do hard liquor ofter or well. As for probe testing... I like my Probes purple!

Counting digits, um, okay, one, two, three...ten! Ten digits. Oh, wait, I have toes too. Ten of them. That's all the digits I have.

You're in luck, purple is one of my favorite colors, so we're running a special on purple probes! With Ivan being an alien and all, he really can't argue with Tsu's probe collection. :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Counting digits, um, okay, one, two, three...ten! Ten digits. Oh, wait, I have toes too. Ten of them. That's all the digits I have.

You're in luck, purple is one of my favorite colors, so we're running a special on purple probes! With Ivan being an alien and all, he really can't argue with Tsu's probe collection. :rofl:
Groan! I am learning. Don't mess with the sisterhood, they are always on their toes.. count on it!

Is there any way to move this thread to Math?

You want me to move it to math?

Integral said:
Groan! I am learning. Don't mess with the sisterhood, they are always on their toes.. count on it!

Now you got it!

Is there any way to move this thread to Math?

Hmm, that would require Sister Evo's blessing, and I think Tsu and I have already condemned this thread to GD for all eternity. :devil: :rofl:

Evo said:
You want me to move it to math?

Don't do it! He's trying to escape the purple probes! :biggrin:

Yes, I think you'll just have to start another thread in Math. This one is ours. :biggrin: Now why in the world are we supposed to be counting digits? The only digits of REAL interest in GD is the speed of the Turbo RV. :rofl:

Thanks for the offer Evo, unfortunatly this is more a GD topic then a mathmatics.

Meanwhile I am learning the ways of the sisterhood and will be sure to keep a close eye on Tsu and any apparatus she may bring with her next time we to Thai. (Soon I hope!)

You all go ahead and drink up, it was heavy lecture after all!

Integral now running for his life with hands gaurding rear.

The Ninja Nuns with Guns were here.

Perhaps it would be safest just to remain seated!

And have some Uzo with that Pi!11 :biggrin:

Put 24 digits seems like a pretty stout drink. Mind if I stick with 2?

2's good. :smile:

"In showing a painting to probably a critical or venomous lady, anger dominates. O take guard, or she raves and shouts"

Hey, try to figure what's this (it's not an abstract of some obscure novel) :smile:

Moonbear said:

I got grey gooses for me. Darn, no drinking smiley here. :grumpy:

take it to the 0

Integral said:
How I need a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy lectures involving quantum mechanics. All of thy geometry, Herr Planck, is fairly hard
...and it's undoable for me. Terribly difficult maths !

3.1415926535897932384626433832795 0

meteor said:
"In showing a painting to probably a critical or venomous lady, anger dominates. O take guard, or she raves and shouts"

Hey, try to figure what's this (it's not an abstract of some obscure novel) :smile:

The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end
And the end of every place

The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end
And the end of every place

I couldn't describe it better. It is so important that the Beatles should have sung a song called "e in the sky with diamonds". Shame on them, shame on them

Integral said:
I do not do hard liquor ofter
ofter?
you're drunk right now.
And I don't know what you all are so frightened about. that electroejaculator is the best invention since zippers. I've got a spring in my step, a twinkle in my eye and a Duracell in my colon.

Moonbear said:
HA! got you beat!

tribdog said:
HA! got you beat!

Eureka! Mystery solved! That's why men are innately better at math than women, they have one more digit to count on! :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Eureka! Mystery solved! That's why men are innately better at math than women, they have one more digit to count on! :rofl:
one? only one? perhaps we should get together to compare.

I do not consider it to be another digit to count on, it is almost as big as my arm, so counting it would be like counting my arm. What about women, they have 2 extra digits to count on.

Gokul43201 said:
...and it's undoable for me. Terribly difficult maths !

3.1415926535897932384626433832795 0
Excellent! Thanks

Integral said:
Excellent! Thanks

Here you find the next 99976 decimals of [itex] \pi [/itex]:

http://www.uoguelph.ca/zoology/devobio/210labs/MeiosisQuiz/pi.html :tongue2:

It took me 34 days non-stop working to figure it out... :tongue2:

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
Here you find the next 99976 decimals of [itex] \pi [/itex]:

http://www.uoguelph.ca/zoology/devobio/210labs/MeiosisQuiz/pi.html :tongue2:

It took me 34 days non-stop working to figure it out... :tongue2:

Daniel.
Oh, man. Dex. Buddy. You need to get a LIFE...!11 :rolling eyes and shaking head smilie: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You know, it would be cool if there was a drink called Pi.

Chrono said:
You know, it would be cool if there was a drink called Pi.
yeah, oooooh or even better, a dessert. something sweet and fruity maybe. yeah!