Keeping Track of Already Read Posts

• Thread starter EskWIRED
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a user's difficulty in determining which posts are new and which are old when revisiting threads. They ask for help in configuring their settings to only show new posts or indicate which posts are new and old. Another user suggests clicking on the "My PF" button to see subscribed threads with new posts. They also mention that the little square to the left of the post's time and date indicates if it is new or old, with orange meaning new and grey/green meaning old. The user clarifies that this refers to posts made after their last check.
EskWIRED
Sorry if this has been asked and answered before.

When I consider revisiting threads, I am unable to detect whether there are any new posts. When there are unread posts, I don't know where they begin and where the previously read posts let off.

How can I configure things to either show only new posts, or to indicate to me which posts are new and which are already read?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you click on the My PF button it will show you which subscribed threads have received posts since you have last checked/logged in. To find out which posts are old and which are new look at the little square directly to the left of the time and date of the post (which is located directly above the nameplate). If that square is orange the post is new, if it is grey/green it is old (you can also see this by hovering your mouse over them).

I'm not sure if old/new means new since you last checked or new within a certain time limit but that shouldn't be hard to figure out if you try to keep track of it. I never really thought about it before, I just find my last post and work onwards from that lol.

EDIT: Just logged out and into check, the old/new appears to show the posts made after you last checked.

1. How can I keep track of already read posts?

There are a few different ways to keep track of already read posts. One option is to use a bookmarking tool such as Pocket or Instapaper, which allows you to save and organize articles you have read. Another option is to create a list or spreadsheet to manually keep track of the posts you have read.

2. Is there a way to mark posts as read on social media?

Some social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, have a feature that allows you to mark posts as "read" or "seen." This can help you keep track of what content you have already viewed.

3. Can I use an app to keep track of already read posts?

Yes, there are several apps available that can help you keep track of already read posts. These apps often have features such as bookmarking, organizing, and filtering to make it easier to keep track of the content you have already read.

4. How can I filter out posts I have already read?

Some apps and social media platforms allow you to filter out posts you have already read. You can also manually filter out posts by using keywords or tags to identify content you have already viewed.

5. Is there a way to mark posts as unread if I want to revisit them?

Some apps and platforms have a feature that allows you to mark posts as unread, so you can easily find and revisit them later. You can also use bookmarking tools to save posts for later reading.