Why would aliens plant humans on Earth?

• Thread starter oldunion
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Aliens
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of aliens visiting Earth, their potential technology and motives, and the likelihood of detecting and communicating with them. It also explores the idea of studying and learning from a less advanced civilization, as well as the potential for unique discoveries on a life-bearing planet. The conversation concludes with the suggestion that a highly advanced society would likely treat humans as a wildlife refuge, with strict rules for interaction.
oldunion
If aliens could come to earth, they would need some extremely high tech spacecraft ; so high tech in fact that they would seemingly be quite far ahead of humans in technology. With that said, why would an alien come here? It would be like humans studying cavemen; less intelligent and less advanced. There are some people who study cavemen, anthropologists, but most people don't care about cavemen because they are inferior in many ways. The only thing that makes sense to me is if it was humans from our future looking back on history like a tv show.

And another separate but related comment. If our radio signals have only reached about 100 stars thus far and we are waiting to hear back from them- does this not make sense to anyone else? The second humans established radio technology, they would have been picking up alien radio signals if they were being emitted on purpose or not. Thus i conclude that aliens are not using radio signals anywhere near earth; not only within the zone in which they could hear our signals, but far far beyond if their civilization was developed for a long time.

Physics news on Phys.org
Good arguments. Our most primitive EM emissions are barely 100 years old. They are also too weak to even be detectable by any known means. Our more powerful and recent emissions have barely traveled more than a few decades. What are the odds of an equal or better society detecting them? ... nearly zero by the most optimistic estimates. Basically our SETI signals, if immediately responded to, have only gone about 50 light years. A mere pittance. Even given the most optimistic results for the Drake equation, it is highly unlikely our signals have reached any civilization capable of responding.

You could ask the same question about ourselves. Why are we sending such expensive equipment to Mars to see if there is any basic form of life?
You are right that they wouldn't be interested in our technology, but there are a lot of other things, not only about us but also our environment, that would be worth studying.

And as for the radio signals. Why would we notice alien radio signals if these came from an advanced race? These signals could be highly encrypted or whatever and for all we know what we are detecting is noise. Because as you stated if there is a more advanced race than we are, why would they want to communicate with us?
And if there are aliens 'near' to earth, it doesn't mean that they didn't hear our radio signals, they just might not have responded to it. It's not because we don't know about them that they don't know about us. If there are more advanced beings out there, they probably don't want us to know about them.

I am not saying that I believe in it, I'm just not excluding anything.

it isn't whether or not they want to reply, atmospheres allowe for a certain amount of radio frequency leakage; they couldn't help but emit signals. And even if they now have more advanced communication, the signals from long in their past would still come to Earth and as i said we would be picking them up the second we got radio technology. So i conclude again, aliens are not anywhere near earth.

What kinds of things would decay a radio signal in space? just the fact that they are expanding spherically and thus depleting themselves?

Pets, yes. Its hard for intelligent beings to treat lesser beings with respect. Look at how smart people treat the simple minded.

Evolution and consciousness and the development of a society is a fascinating thing. For any race. Think about it. You could watch and observe another human like race to see how they evolve and develop. We have evolved one way and think one way and our social structure is set up this one way around our world. Our every day life and technology as mundane as it may seem to us could be unfathomable to another race that evolved and developed differently.

No doubt an alien race would be much more techno advanced then we would be if they could travel here. But perhaps humans could give another insight to other ideas, art, music, entertainment they never have thought of before. Vice versa…

No doubt any life bearing planet would be of great scientific interest. Who knows what unique enzymes or DNA might be found. The possibilities are endless. And a planet with sentient life would be even more interesting in a variety of fields - sociology, arts & humanities, culture. But I really think a highly advanced society would treat us like a wildlife refuge - No trespassing. See ranger for tour schedule. Do not feed the animals. No littering. Remain cloaked and stay on the bus at all times.

wow i read an intelligent well balanced thread on physicsforums...*spits out tea

Overdose said:
wow i read an intelligent well balanced thread on physicsforums...*spits out tea

(Shhh! We're trying to lure in the aliens by pretending there's intelligent life here. If they see you sitting there with tea all down your t-shirt they'll think we're a planet full of dribblers who say "wow" a lot and post inane remarks :biggrin: ).

Chronos said:
No doubt any life bearing planet would be of great scientific interest. Who knows what unique enzymes or DNA might be found. The possibilities are endless. And a planet with sentient life would be even more interesting in a variety of fields - sociology, arts & humanities, culture. But I really think a highly advanced society would treat us like a wildlife refuge - No trespassing. See ranger for tour schedule. Do not feed the animals. No littering. Remain cloaked and stay on the bus at all times.

Why do you think alien life would be DNA coded?

oldunion said:
it isn't whether or not they want to reply, atmospheres allowe for a certain amount of radio frequency leakage; they couldn't help but emit signals. And even if they now have more advanced communication, the signals from long in their past would still come to Earth and as i said we would be picking them up the second we got radio technology. So i conclude again, aliens are not anywhere near earth.

What kinds of things would decay a radio signal in space? just the fact that they are expanding spherically and thus depleting themselves?

Pets, yes. Its hard for intelligent beings to treat lesser beings with respect. Look at how smart people treat the simple minded.

That is when you assume that their more primitive signals didn't reached us already long ago.

But I'm not so sure about the fact that we would be able to detect their radio signals... Thus you are claiming that on Mars we would detect radio signals coming from earth?
The power of that signal weakens by the square of the distance from the starting point. It would require some sophisticated signal processing to distinguish it from noise. It would have to be detected preferably with satelites in space and certainly not with amateur radio systems.

SGT said:
Why do you think alien life would be DNA coded?
Not so much thay would necessarily be DNA based, rather it would be the obvious way for them to retrieve samples and grow their own back home, if desired. I would not, however, be very surprised if alien life was DNA based, or something very similar. It's molecularly simple and low overhead. The fact that every known living thing on this planet is DNA based implies it is efficient. I see a high probability than any life form that wide arise and evolve on an earth-like planet would use a similar, if not the same strategy. It would, of course, be a different matter if life arose and evolved in a very dissimilar environments. I'm not convinced that is possible, at least for complex organisms like people. It is hard to conceive a life form that is not carbon based. No other element is known capable of forming the diverse and complex molecular chains necessary for life like ours, and the environmental window amenable to such is fairly narrow.

oldunion said:
With that said, why would an alien come here?

Science? Conquest? Mining? Curiosity? Accident? Some other alien attribute that compels them to explore?

It would be like humans studying cavemen; less intelligent and less advanced.

FWIW, humans from 50,000 years ago were likely just as intelligent as modern humans.

There are some people who study cavemen, anthropologists, but most people don't care about cavemen because they are inferior in many ways. The only thing that makes sense to me is if it was humans from our future looking back on history like a tv show.

Many humans are fascinated with studying "inferior" life forms and/or history. As noted earlier, we're even spending billions of dollars on studying lifeless places in the solar system.

But aliens are not human. They may have totally different motivations and sensibilities than we do.

And another separate but related comment. If our radio signals have only reached about 100 stars thus far and we are waiting to hear back from them- does this not make sense to anyone else?

We're not really expecting to "hear back" from anyone. We (SETI) is listening for alien signals (intentional or not) independent from our calls/noise broadcast to the universe.

The second humans established radio technology, they would have been picking up alien radio signals if they were being emitted on purpose or not. Thus i conclude that aliens are not using radio signals anywhere near earth; not only within the zone in which they could hear our signals, but far far beyond if their civilization was developed for a long time.

Have we searched the billions of radio signal "channels" (frequencies) coming from every point in the sky? No. You can't use 1 radio receiver and expect to take it all in. Carl Sagan compared it to searching for a signal on a car radio (non-digital) except that the dial extends from here to the moon*. Try searching that extent of frequencies for every star in the galaxy and then factor in time (speed of light/signal limitations).

* Although there is some focus on more likely frequencies to cut down on search time.

Chronos said:
Not so much thay would necessarily be DNA based, rather it would be the obvious way for them to retrieve samples and grow their own back home, if desired. I would not, however, be very surprised if alien life was DNA based, or something very similar. It's molecularly simple and low overhead. The fact that every known living thing on this planet is DNA based implies it is efficient. I see a high probability than any life form that wide arise and evolve on an earth-like planet would use a similar, if not the same strategy. It would, of course, be a different matter if life arose and evolved in a very dissimilar environments. I'm not convinced that is possible, at least for complex organisms like people. It is hard to conceive a life form that is not carbon based. No other element is known capable of forming the diverse and complex molecular chains necessary for life like ours, and the environmental window amenable to such is fairly narrow.

Not all living things on this planet are DNA based. Some bacteria are RNA based. The fact that all living beings we know are RNA/DNA based is a strong evidence that humans, oak trees and bacteria share a common ancestor, not that this is the only one or the more efficient coding system.
As for being carbon based, I agree with you. Although some other elements are capable of forming long strings necessary to life, carbon is without doubt the more efficient.

Leading slightly astray: What are the other elements that could be capable of life? Silver and silicon?

SGT said:
Not all living things on this planet are DNA based. Some bacteria are RNA based...
There is something I didn't know. Any examples? I've heard speculation that RNA based life may have preceded DNA based life, but not that any currently exist.

what about synthetic life. a carbon based life form developing synthetic based polymers to form a more complex and inherently superior form of life?

Why would aliens come here?

Well, I've read quite a few abduction stories, so just for the moment assume they are true, then these are apparently some of the things aliens want from us:

-take our sperm
-implant devices into us
-create hybrids
-research our souls
-save our planet (from evil beings, from self-destruction)
-merge our universe with another dimension

There are probably many more theories around than these few.

PIT2 said:
Why would aliens come here?

Well, I've read quite a few abduction stories, so just for the moment assume they are true, then these are apparently some of the things aliens want from us:

-take our sperm
-implant devices into us
-create hybrids
-research our souls
-save our planet (from evil beings, from self-destruction)
-merge our universe with another dimension

There are probably many more theories around than these few.

Thats an interesting one. They are taking our sperm, engineering our genes, and making stupid/highly motivated/strong slaves for some place.

I always imagined it would be for something really simple to us. Like our hair and fingernails. Maybe its because in all the mock up drawings of them..they seem to lack both?

If one accepts the so called ET phenomenon as genuine, then to me, on the face of things, the time travel idea makes as much sense as other options. Then again, those "in the know" claim that as few as several, and as many as thousands of alien races have visited this planet.

It is funny to imagine the most extreme case where ftl/time travel, or trans-dimensional travel is found in many civilizations far more advanced than ours. Just imagine if our little world were like the ant colony next to the highway, and we proverbial ants are all but oblivious to the tremendous goings on all around us. For all we know, aliens may stop here just to stretch their legs, take a pee, and get some coffee [and strawberry ice cream in some cases].

oldunion said:
If aliens could come to earth, they would need some extremely high tech spacecraft ; so high tech in fact that they would seemingly be quite far ahead of humans in technology. With that said, why would an alien come here? It would be like humans studying cavemen; less intelligent and less advanced. There are some people who study cavemen, anthropologists, but most people don't care about cavemen because they are inferior in many ways. The only thing that makes sense to me is if it was humans from our future looking back on history like a tv show.

Whats really funny is that a lot of nations have defense plans against aliens! I know its cool for the 'what if' on paper... but when you start spending money on it, it seems pretty silly. If they can cross over into other solar systems, i really don't think we are going to stand a chance :)

And if thousands of different races visit earth, then there are probably thousands of different reasons for them doing so.

Maybe their main goal is the same as ours, to discover what life is all about.
Or perhaps they have discovered that already.

They are all juvenile delinquents of their species. They take the family car, drive here and do stupid aerial stunts - sky donuts, peel outs, etc., kidnap and tease natives, destroy crops, etc. Their parents find out and ground them every decade or two, but the punishment is light. After all, they did the same thing when they were kids.

personally, i don't believe there is aliens visiting earth, especially in little green men form. most "flying saucers" are just advanced military aircraft that you won't even know exist for 8 years at least. it is possible that there is life on other planets, no highly likely, but they are most likely insect like things or some odd form of life, not anything resembling humans

Fibonacci

1 said:
personally, i don't believe there is aliens visiting earth, especially in little green men form. most "flying saucers" are just advanced military aircraft that you won't even know exist for 8 years at least. it is possible that there is life on other planets, no highly likely, but they are most likely insect like things or some odd form of life, not anything resembling humans

Fibonacci

Just for ur information, insect-like beings are often reported in abductions :smile:

Also, a lot of characteristics of UFOs seem a little beyond human technology, even nowadays, let alone 60 or more years ago. Of course, maybe there has been a secret organisation for 60 years, that has had anti-gravity technology, shape-shifting craft, craft moving around with 100.000km per hour, objects the size several aircraft carriers, and craft that were capable of interplanetary travel at least at the same time the first rocket was launched to the moon. Perhaps such a secret organisation of humans exist.

Maybe they even hire dwarfs and dress them up as strange beings, which then invade peoples homes and surgically create scars on their bodies?

Last edited:
The Earth used to be a really nice quiet place to visit, but it has really gone down hill.

I am convinced that female anatomy is designed for easy genetic manipulation, I once was talking to a Gynecologist, who said that there just isn't any explanation for why the fallopian tubes open to the body cavity as they do (except for maybe releasing a syphon lock). The entire structure makes it easy to artificially implant modified eggs. I have wondered if one of the basic reasons for the "Battle Of The Sexes", is that females are the original inhabitants, or have the most remaining DNA from the original genetic stocks, and the males of our species are the newer lines created by visitors. It certainly true that the male lines frequently came from war and invasion, when women were taken as chattel.

Then again, all conspiracies aside, humans are a talkative bunch, except for alcoholic societies, where the "no-talk rule" reigns supreme (according to John Bradshaw). I can't imagine humans keeping a secret of such magnitude for so long, the alien visitation secret. I do think that some myth has to do with visitation, and it becomes cloaked in ignorance, and turns into story that can be carried down in oral traditions. Some of the Greek Myths are so elegant, the one that really impresses me as a clear tale of some sort, is the myth of Prometheus, where he is chained to a rock, and tortured for bringing fire to man. What a world this would be, if we had stayed in the garden areas of this world, and lived as vegetarians, it would have been a different world entirely.

There were two studies recently discussed of events that both happened ~2.5 million years ago. One was the loss of a second sugar molecule that all other mammalian species have, and the decrease in the wean time of humans from 5 years to 2 years, due to the onset of hunting for food, (it was supposed). Two very big things happened roughly at the same time, and they must be linked. At some point right there a genetic change happened in our species that differentiated us completely from every other mammal species, even our " closest relatives", or the "common ancestor". Those kinds of fundamental changes would be the type that would indicate a possible genetic manipulation in our past. Of course the other story that intrigues me comes from the human genome project that states that within the last 50,000 years, our species consisted of 2,500 individuals only. Now there is room on any good sized ark, for 2,500 individuals. This event is where one could interject that a flood, or disaster of some sort, did happen, and there was an intervention, if not a horrific intervention, where the disaster was caused, to save only certain of our common ancestors.

Navajos from Utah, traveled to Mongolia, to discuss common myth, and I must say, that the Navajos from Utah, look a lot like the Mongolian People. They both share a common myth of having been picked up by something described as a red star, and being flown to the places that they currently inhabit.

Any life form that was CHON based, that has the means to get around, would stop by here, if they were appropriately sized to enjoy our gravity, and a breath of air, if it were the type they like, why not? I maintain that Earth was a pristine wilderness that we were once a part of, but for some reason we have become very "alienated" from our natural roots. Maybe it is that we have become truly "alienated", and that is why the place is such a mess. What if we have just become a large, commercial space port, but don't know it yet? Maybe it was just a long term project, that someone signed on for in exchange for technology? Ask the God Rama, monkey men make great slaves.
If only we had more arms, if I had four, then I cold type and eat at the same time, and I wouldn't need as many work breaks.

If there were an engineering project to design the most perfect slave robot, for all around use, what would it be? I think that it is us, actually. The fuel is grown by natural processes, and enough fuel can be grown on a planetary surface to fund enormous constructions, space port building, centers of commerce, and these flesh robots can self replicate, and have huge computational ability, and can create machines to enhance these computational skills...They have control logic centers with interface surfaces that link to all energies at large, in such a way that they are not consciously aware of it for the most part, and therefore can be easily remote controlled, in large groups, for long term projects. When their usefulness is finished, then they can be recycled. They are given a long enough life span to be useful, but not long enough to figure out their ultimate use.

Why not visit here? Well again, it used to be much more elegant and beautiful, but a planet has to work to earn its keep, eh?

I like the argument that alien visitors are just teenagers from another planet out joyriding in their parents' cars. They find a backward world, and buzz a farmhouse, or pluck some hillbilly out of his bed for a good probing. It would be the extraterrestrial equivalent of cow tipping.

The Rev

PIT2 said:
Just for ur information, insect-like beings are often reported in abductions :smile:

Also, a lot of characteristics of UFOs seem a little beyond human technology, even nowadays, let alone 60 or more years ago. Of course, maybe there has been a secret organisation for 60 years, that has had anti-gravity technology, shape-shifting craft, craft moving around with 100.000km per hour, objects the size several aircraft carriers, and craft that were capable of interplanetary travel at least at the same time the first rocket was launched to the moon. Perhaps such a secret organisation of humans exist.

Maybe they even hire dwarfs and dress them up as strange beings, which then invade peoples homes and surgically create scars on their bodies?

You really have no idea how advanced things have gotten, do you? did you ever hear of Aurora? i think not. aurora can go mach 7 or 8 ,but no one really knows, because according to the US government, it dosn't exist, just like they used to deny delta force or the NSA (i think.) There are things flying that you will never know about, and they are not from other worlds. and i said that ET was probably an insect, didn't i

Fibonacci

1 said:
You really have no idea how advanced things have gotten, do you? did you ever hear of Aurora? i think not. aurora can go mach 7 or 8 ,but no one really knows, because according to the US government, it dosn't exist, just like they used to deny delta force or the NSA (i think.)

Of course I've heard of aurora. Mach 7 or 8? Thats still nowhere near the mach 40 performed by some UFOs (which has been recorded on radar). How much mach is an object accelerating from 3000km/hour to 165.000 km/hour in 2 seconds?

There are things flying that you will never know about, and they are not from other worlds. and i said that ET was probably an insect, didn't i

Fibonacci

Yes its true, u can explain everything with 'government secrecy'.
Perhaps they have kept their interplanetary traveling craft secret for 50 years, even before the moonmissions. Because UFOs have been caught on camera on the moon during them. They have also been caught on video, coming from outerspace towards Earth and then returning to outer space.

Perhaps they can fly around at mach 40 and survive it, perhaps they have craft that can change shapes, split up, and shoot beams of light at the ground, or craft 3km wide.

Is it likely? Not as far as I am concerned.

U said ET was probably an insect, well then i guess the witnesses who claim to have seen insectoid aliens may be right.

PIT2 said:
Of course I've heard of aurora. Mach 7 or 8? Thats still nowhere near the mach 40 performed by some UFOs (which has been recorded on radar). How much mach is an object accelerating from 3000km/hour to 165.000 km/hour in 2 seconds?

Uhm, mach is a velocity so "how much mach is an object accelerating" isn't exactly the correct wording. 165,000 km/hour is mach 135 while 3000km/hour is about 2.5 mach. If it accelerates at those speeds, its accelerating at 81,000km/hour. I think somethings wrong in what you've read or are thinking because if you say UFO's can travel at mach 40 (and are implying that's the high end of observations), then why are you implying that they are going mach 135?

Pengwuino said:
Uhm, mach is a velocity so "how much mach is an object accelerating" isn't exactly the correct wording. 165,000 km/hour is mach 135 while 3000km/hour is about 2.5 mach. If it accelerates at those speeds, its accelerating at 81,000km/hour. I think somethings wrong in what you've read or are thinking because if you say UFO's can travel at mach 40 (and are implying that's the high end of observations), then why are you implying that they are going mach 135?

It would be 22.5km/s2 or 291600000km/hour2, not 81000km/hour.
Besides, mach number is the relationship between the speed of the object and the speed of sound in the same medium. If something were moving at 165000km/hour in the atmosphere, the shock wave would be so big that you would not need any radar to follow the object.
And I don't think any radar has a fast enough mechanics to track an object moving at such speed.

Edited to correct the acceleration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pengwuino said:

I was talking about 2 different cases.
In the Belgian UFO sightings (in which F-16s had lockons on a triangular UFO), the UFO made mach 40 movements, subsequently escaping from the lockons.

In another case, where a UFO is captured on video (from a satellite or a shuttle), it is seen accelerating to 165.000 km/hour within 2 seconds.

Im sure there are cases where even faster craft have been observed. I know of another case where one was seen going 65.000 km/hour.

Last edited:
Where did you get the info about those 2 sightings?

PL

<h2>1. Why would aliens be interested in planting humans on Earth?</h2><p>There are many theories as to why aliens may have planted humans on Earth. Some believe that humans were brought here as an experiment or for observation. Others suggest that humans were brought to Earth as a way for aliens to preserve their own species by creating a backup population on another planet.</p><h2>2. How did aliens plant humans on Earth?</h2><p>There is no concrete evidence or explanation as to how aliens may have planted humans on Earth. Some theories suggest that aliens genetically modified primates to create humans, while others propose that humans were brought to Earth through advanced technology or intergalactic travel.</p><h2>3. What is the purpose of aliens planting humans on Earth?</h2><p>The purpose of aliens planting humans on Earth is purely speculative as there is no concrete evidence to support this theory. Some believe that aliens may have planted humans to help them colonize the planet, while others suggest that humans were brought to Earth as a way for aliens to study and understand different forms of life.</p><h2>4. Are there any signs or clues that support the theory of aliens planting humans on Earth?</h2><p>There is no definitive evidence to support the theory of aliens planting humans on Earth. However, some believe that ancient structures and artifacts, such as the pyramids and Stonehenge, may have been created with the help of advanced alien technology. Others point to ancient texts and legends that mention beings from the sky or other worlds.</p><h2>5. What would be the implications if aliens did plant humans on Earth?</h2><p>If aliens did plant humans on Earth, it would have significant implications for our understanding of human evolution and the origins of our species. It would also raise questions about our place in the universe and the possibility of other intelligent life forms. However, without concrete evidence, this theory remains purely speculative.</p>

1. Why would aliens be interested in planting humans on Earth?

There are many theories as to why aliens may have planted humans on Earth. Some believe that humans were brought here as an experiment or for observation. Others suggest that humans were brought to Earth as a way for aliens to preserve their own species by creating a backup population on another planet.

2. How did aliens plant humans on Earth?

There is no concrete evidence or explanation as to how aliens may have planted humans on Earth. Some theories suggest that aliens genetically modified primates to create humans, while others propose that humans were brought to Earth through advanced technology or intergalactic travel.

3. What is the purpose of aliens planting humans on Earth?

The purpose of aliens planting humans on Earth is purely speculative as there is no concrete evidence to support this theory. Some believe that aliens may have planted humans to help them colonize the planet, while others suggest that humans were brought to Earth as a way for aliens to study and understand different forms of life.

4. Are there any signs or clues that support the theory of aliens planting humans on Earth?

There is no definitive evidence to support the theory of aliens planting humans on Earth. However, some believe that ancient structures and artifacts, such as the pyramids and Stonehenge, may have been created with the help of advanced alien technology. Others point to ancient texts and legends that mention beings from the sky or other worlds.

5. What would be the implications if aliens did plant humans on Earth?

If aliens did plant humans on Earth, it would have significant implications for our understanding of human evolution and the origins of our species. It would also raise questions about our place in the universe and the possibility of other intelligent life forms. However, without concrete evidence, this theory remains purely speculative.