Online app to replace Online TI-83?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter Afro_Akuma
  • Start date
  • Tags
    App Ti-83
In summary: They said it would be possible, but it would likely require some programming. In summary, this would be a great way to help out without having to purchase a new calculator.
Afro_Akuma
Hello everyone. My graphing calculator recently died on me, and I need it over Easter weekend to finish up some work. Is there any applet online or free program that I can use to temporarily replace the TI-83? I need it to be able to perform quadratic regression from plotted points.

Thanks. Some of the reviews on amazon mention an update
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00001N2QU/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Excel will do most anything that your TI-83 will (at least in terms of data analysis).

Alternatively, if you're willing to spend a little time learning some syntax, there is a program which you will probably find much nicer in the long run, and that is free, called R:

http://www.r-project.org/

Last edited:
no ROM

Afro_Akuma, i hope you have a friend with another TI-83 so you can rip the rom from it! I am in the same situation, but I need a rom image for the calculator! Looks like I will be searching for a spare TI83 to barrow!

Your reply is a bit late. :wink: Still having a website that can perform calculator functions should not be that hard. I imagine flash can emulate the ti-83 online pretty well

Plan study abroad study Mathematics

they are offering Online TI-83 service in mathematical courses of few universities.
however, you can find many agencies offering such services, but few can offer all this for free and online experts can help the people who contact them.

go hp, the calcs are much better quality

Try http://www.graphcalc.com" . It is updated fairly often. Otherwise just google search.

A really neat new online graphing tool is https://www.desmos.com/calculator

I've been in contact with them in hopes of them creating an easy way to port graphs to PF.

1. How does an online app replace the functionality of a TI-83 calculator?

An online app can replicate the functions of a TI-83 calculator by using the same mathematical algorithms and formulas. It can also provide a user-friendly interface that mimics the layout and buttons of the calculator.

2. Can an online app perform all the same calculations as a TI-83 calculator?

Yes, an online app can perform all the same calculations as a TI-83 calculator. It can handle basic arithmetic, graphing, statistical analysis, and more advanced functions such as matrices and calculus.

3. Is an online app as reliable as a physical calculator?

An online app is just as reliable as a physical calculator. It uses the same mathematical formulas and algorithms to perform calculations, and the results should be identical.

4. Can I access an online app from any device?

Yes, as long as you have an internet connection and a device with a web browser, you can access an online app to replace a TI-83 calculator. This includes laptops, tablets, and smartphones.

5. Are there any advantages to using an online app instead of a TI-83 calculator?

One advantage of using an online app is that it is easily accessible and can be used on multiple devices. It also does not require any additional hardware or software, making it a cost-effective option. Additionally, some online apps may offer additional features and updates.