Waiting for the response of McGill university

In summary, the speaker has received an acceptance from the University of Virginia Tech in USA and has until the first of May to send back the form for final confirmation. They are also waiting for a response from McGill University in Canada and are wondering when they will receive the decision. They have discovered that Canadian universities typically send out decisions in early June, but are worried as they have heard it may take until mid-July. They thank the person they are speaking to for their help.
A_I_
i just received today my acceptance from the university of Virginia Tech in virginia, USA.
I have until the first of may to send back the form to get the ultimate confirmation and to finalyze my application
On the other hand, I'm waiting for the response of McGill university (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
And My question is:
DOES ANYONE OF YOU KNOW WHEN THEY WILL BE SENDING THE CONFIRMATIONS?

my problem is that after profound thoughts i came up to myself and said that Canada is better than USA for me as a beginning. I just want to know when will they send the decisions to know how to react, and what to do?

THANKS
Joe

Physics news on Phys.org
according to the university's website, admissions decisions are sent out as follows:

Overseas high school Feb 7 - May 20, 2005
United States high school March 18 - April 1, 2005
Ontario high school April 15-18, 2005, posting of early admission decisions to selected candidates
May 25 to June 3, 2005, posting of admission decisions to all other candidates
Canadian high school
(other than Ontario) March 9 - May 6, 2005

well thank you.
very much.
u won't believe what happened
I just heard from a Canadian guy that it might take until mid july
so i went crazy.
i was searching on the mcgill official website and i figured it out
anyway thanks for your help

yep, if its not an early acceptance, in Canada, they send them out in early June.

regards,

Nenad

1. What is the typical response time from McGill university?

The response time from McGill university can vary depending on the program and the volume of applications. Generally, it can take anywhere from 4-8 weeks for a decision to be made.

2. How will I be notified of McGill university's decision?

Once a decision has been made, you will receive an email notification from McGill university. You can also check your application portal for updates on your application status.

3. Can I request an expedited response from McGill university?

Unfortunately, McGill university does not offer expedited response requests. All applications are reviewed in the order they are received.

4. Is there an appeal process for a rejection from McGill university?

Yes, there is an appeal process for a rejection from McGill university. You can submit a written request for reconsideration along with any additional supporting documents.

5. Will my application be considered if I miss the application deadline?

McGill university has strict application deadlines and it is recommended to submit your application before the deadline. However, if you miss the deadline, you can still submit a late application, but it will be considered on a case-by-case basis.