How Can I Create a Scrollable Text Box in TI-89 Programming?

In summary, Nathan is looking for a solution to create a scrollable text box with more than one line and the ability to add a title. He has tried using the dialog and text commands but has encountered issues with both. He is open to suggestions and solutions from others.
nathanthegreat
Hi there,

I’ve come across a problem I can’t seem to solve. What I want to do is make a text box that with scrollable information. For example, when you do “One Var Stats” on the Stats and List Editor where it has all the information you scroll through and only the “Enter=OK” button. I’ve tried this using dialog and using text by itself. When I use dialog, that always inserts the enter=ok AND esc=cancel at the end of the dialog, so I’m fairly sure I don’t use that. But, when I just use the text command (even outside of dialog) there is no way to add a title or more than one line (this does only have the enter=ok, though). I’m assuming the scrolling function could just use getkey and then some clever coding with strings for the output unless there’s an easier way.

I’d appreciate any solutions you may have!

-Nathan

Computer science news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

1. What is the TI-89 calculator used for?

The TI-89 calculator is a powerful, graphing calculator primarily used in mathematics, science, and engineering courses. It can perform a wide range of functions, including graphing, solving equations, and programming.

2. Can I program my own functions on the TI-89 calculator?

Yes, the TI-89 calculator has a built-in programming language called TI-BASIC. This allows users to create their own programs and functions to perform specific tasks or calculations.

3. How do I access the programming feature on the TI-89 calculator?

To access the programming feature on the TI-89 calculator, press the "Apps" button and select "Program Editor" from the menu. This will open up the programming interface where you can write and edit your programs.

4. Are there any resources available to help me learn TI-89 programming?

Yes, there are many online resources available for learning TI-89 programming, including tutorials, forums, and user-created programs. You can also refer to the TI-89 user manual for guidance on programming.

5. Can I transfer programs from my computer to the TI-89 calculator?

Yes, you can transfer programs from your computer to the TI-89 calculator using a USB cable and the TI Connect software. This allows you to save and organize your programs on your computer and transfer them to the calculator as needed.