How to get smaller-size eps figures from Wolfram mathematica?

In summary, the speaker is seeking help with using Wolfram Mathematica software for creating 3D figures to be used in a LaTeX file, but is having trouble with the quality of the figures when inserting them into the file. They are asking for assistance from any Mathematica experts who may be able to help with this issue.
sufive
Dear every Mathematino-s in high energy physics

I knew several workers in computer and mathematics, but few of them know wolfram mathematica software, so I think it is justified to let my question appear here.

I use wolfram-mathematica to make 3D figures and want to use them in the latex file. The
figures are usually of very big size --- about 2M-4M . I tried using rasiterize[fig,resolution] command to change this status, but the quality of resulting figure becomes very poor when
inserting into latex and displayed on the screen.

so, which Mathematino-s can help me solving this problem?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

1. How can I reduce the size of an eps figure in Wolfram Mathematica?

To reduce the size of an eps figure in Wolfram Mathematica, you can use the "Magnification" option when exporting the figure. This option allows you to specify the desired magnification level, which in turn reduces the size of the exported figure.

2. Why is my eps figure from Wolfram Mathematica so large?

There are a few potential reasons why your eps figure from Wolfram Mathematica may be larger than expected. One possibility is that the figure contains a large number of data points or elements, which can increase the file size. Another reason could be that the figure was exported with a high resolution, resulting in a larger file size.

3. Can I adjust the quality of the eps figure in Wolfram Mathematica?

Yes, you can adjust the quality of the eps figure in Wolfram Mathematica by changing the "ImageResolution" option when exporting the figure. A higher resolution will result in a higher quality figure, but also a larger file size.

4. How do I convert an eps figure from Wolfram Mathematica to a smaller file format?

To convert an eps figure from Wolfram Mathematica to a smaller file format, you can use a graphics editing software such as Adobe Photoshop or GIMP. These programs allow you to resize and save the figure in a different file format, such as JPEG or PNG.

5. Is there a way to compress an eps figure in Wolfram Mathematica without losing quality?

Yes, you can use the "CompressionLevel" option when exporting the eps figure from Wolfram Mathematica. This option allows you to specify the level of compression, which can reduce the file size without significantly affecting the quality of the figure.