AP Physics Books: Problem and Solution Recommendations

In summary, the conversation is about a high school student looking for a book with physics problems and detailed solutions. The recommendations given are Schaum's 3000 Solved Problems in Physics and Saraeva's "Selected Problems in Elementar Physics" which is described as an "awesome book" with detailed solutions and Olympic level physics. The student also asks for the ISBN for both books.
AARMA
I'm currently a student in high school taking AP Physics and I'm interested in a book that would contain problems and detailed solutions to each problem. Please give me some recommendations to what book(s) I should look into.

Physics news on Phys.org
Schaum's 3000 Solved Problems in Physics

I remember using a book by Serway, it had nice problems. The solution manual is an extra book, so you'll have to buy it separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
fss
thank you for the suggestion.. )

I have used Saraeva's "Selected Problems in Elementar Physics" in High School. It's an awesome book with lots of problems and all of them have a very detailed solution. It's Olympics level physics, though, but I do recommend if you want to spend a little more time thinking.

Can someone please give me the ISBN or a link for the Saraeva's "Selected Problems in Elementar Physics."
Curl
Can you please give me the ISBN for the books you mentioned.

1. What is the best AP Physics book for self-study?

The best AP Physics book for self-study is subjective and depends on the individual's learning style and needs. Some popular options include "Barron's AP Physics C" and "The Princeton Review's Cracking the AP Physics C Exam". It is recommended to read reviews and sample pages before making a decision.

2. Are there any AP Physics books specifically for the AP Physics 1 and 2 exams?

Yes, there are many AP Physics books that are specifically tailored for the AP Physics 1 and 2 exams. Some examples include "5 Steps to a 5: AP Physics 1" and "Cracking the AP Physics 2 Exam". These books cover the specific content and format of the AP Physics 1 and 2 exams.

3. Do AP Physics books include practice problems and solutions?

Yes, most AP Physics books include practice problems and solutions. It is important to choose a book that has an ample amount of practice problems to ensure thorough preparation for the exam. Some books also include online resources with additional practice problems and solutions.

4. Are there any AP Physics books that cover both the AP Physics 1 and 2 exams?

Yes, there are some AP Physics books that cover both the AP Physics 1 and 2 exams. These books are usually more comprehensive and may be a good option for students who are taking both exams. Some examples include "Cracking the AP Physics 1 & 2 Exams" and "Barron's AP Physics 1 and 2".

5. Can I use older editions of AP Physics books for studying?

It is not recommended to use older editions of AP Physics books for studying as the content and format of the AP exams may have changed. It is best to use the most recent edition of a book to ensure that you are studying the most updated material. However, if you are using an older edition, be sure to cross-reference with the current AP Physics course and exam description provided by College Board.