Reusing Attachment: How to Show up as an Attachment

• Thread starter rcgldr
  • Start date
In summary, to reuse an attachment in a later post, you can either use the image option with a link or just a link.
rcgldr
Homework Helper
I have an attachment that I'd like to use in a second post. I'm able to use [ img ] with a link to the attachment, but how can I reuse an attachment in later posts so that it shows up as an attachment?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm afraid you'll have to re-upload it or simply link to the post with the attachment.

I have done this by going to my users control panel and identifying the attachment.
(Choose attachments at the bottom of the left hand list)
Right click on the name of the attachment in the attachment list
choose properties
copy and paste the URL from the properties box that opens to the dialog box for insert attachment or insert picture in your advanced edit box.

go well

@ Greg, I have never been able to re upload an attachment without renaming it. Doing that Loading multiple copies to the site) would offend my sense of thrift.

It would be great to have a simpler automated proceedure than mine for reusing attachments.

:smile:

Studiot said:
It would be great to have a simpler automated proceedure than mine for reusing attachments.

:smile:

It might be better to just link to the post with the attachment. Storing duplicate files on the server is inefficient. :)

Studiot said:
Right click on the name of the attachment in the attachment list choose properties copy and paste the URL from the properties box that opens to the dialog box for insert attachment or insert picture in your advanced edit box.
This is what I did using insert picture which works fine, but for insert attachment, the only options I see are "upload", and I get an error when I try to use the URL for the attachment.

Greg Bernhardt said:
It might be better to just link to the post with the attachment. Storing duplicate files on the server is inefficient.
The idea here is to reuse an existing attachment, rather than duplicating it. For now I just used the image option with a link to the original attachment.

Last edited:
jtbell said:
Simply paste a link to the attachment. If it's to an image, when I click on it my browser simply displays it:
https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=54345&d=1356884358
The &d portion of the link doesn't seem to be needed (or the &stc=1 that displays in the attachment menu url properties).

https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=54345

I was hoping for a way to re-use attachments as attachments, but this doesn't seem possible. I can use [ img ] ... with the attachment url to post an image, or as jtbell suggested, just a link.

The last time I did it was in this thread

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=659774

As a result of losing the typing from a long post to a glitch I ended up with an uploaded attachment but not post text.

In the end I replaced the text with a new post but could not linkto or upload the attachment so I renamed it an re uploaded it.

Borek later pasted in into post#16. He was most helpful.

1. How can I show up as an attachment in my relationships?

To show up as an attachment in your relationships, you first need to understand what an attachment is. An attachment is an emotional bond between two people that brings a sense of security, comfort, and support. To show up as an attachment, you need to be emotionally available and responsive to your partner's needs and emotions. This means actively listening, showing empathy, and being present in the relationship.

2. What are some signs that I am not showing up as an attachment in my relationships?

If you are not showing up as an attachment in your relationships, you may notice some signs such as feeling distant or disconnected from your partner, avoiding emotional intimacy, or having difficulty expressing your emotions. Other signs may include conflicts and communication issues in the relationship, feeling insecure or anxious in the relationship, or having a fear of commitment.

3. How can I improve my attachment style?

Improving your attachment style takes time and effort. It starts with understanding your attachment style and identifying any unhealthy patterns or behaviors. From there, you can work on developing more secure attachment behaviors, such as being more open and communicative with your partner, setting healthy boundaries, and practicing self-care. It may also be helpful to seek therapy or counseling to work through any past traumas or attachment wounds that may be affecting your current relationships.

4. Can attachment styles change?

Yes, attachment styles can change over time. While our attachment styles are often formed in childhood, they are not set in stone. With self-awareness and effort, we can develop more secure attachment behaviors and change our attachment style. This may involve working through any past traumas or attachment wounds, practicing effective communication and emotional regulation, and building trust and intimacy in our relationships.

5. Is it possible to have a healthy relationship without secure attachment?

While having a secure attachment style is ideal for healthy relationships, it is possible to have a healthy relationship without it. It may require more effort and communication to work through any attachment issues, but with understanding and commitment from both partners, a healthy and fulfilling relationship can be achieved. It's important to seek support and work on developing more secure attachment behaviors to maintain a healthy relationship in the long run.