Truth table to boolean expression

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a program that can deduce and minimize Boolean expressions from a large truth table. The suggested method is to use Karnaugh maps or the Quine-McCluskey algorithm, and a specific program, Espresso heuristic logic minimizer, is recommended. The conversation also mentions a Python implementation of the Quine-McCluskey algorithm as a potential solution.
Bipolarity
I have a 9 input to 9 output truth table I constructed using Python. I am trying to find a program that can deduce the (hopefully minimized) Boolean expression for my outputs. I tried Logisim already, but when I try to paste the enormous data (512 rows), my Logisim crashes. Can anyone recommend me a program that generates minimized Boolean expressions from huge truth tables with its own paste feature (so I can paste the truth table from a clipboard)? It should have don't care states also.

Thanks!

BiP

Engineering news on Phys.org
The general method (which I've only done by hand for 3 or so inputs) involves using Karnaugh maps so you can start by searching "Karnaugh reduction software" or something similar. Note that this is a classic problem in logical circuit design (creating logic gates with minimal number of components on a IC chip) and so you will find a great deal of info out there.

... a quick look on wikipedia got this:
Espresso heuristic logic minimizer

Thanks.
I am aware of K-maps and the Quine-McCluskey minimization algorithm. It's just that I don't have the time to draw out a 9-bit K-map. I have the truth table at hand, just need a program (can be proprietary) that can do the Boolean work for me.

BiP

olar Truth Table Generator is a program that can generate minimized Boolean expressions from large truth tables with its own paste feature. It also has the capability to handle don't care states, making it a useful tool for your needs. You can easily paste your truth table from a clipboard and the program will automatically generate the minimized Boolean expression for your outputs. It is a reliable and efficient program for analyzing complex truth tables and finding the corresponding Boolean expression. I would recommend giving it a try for your project.

1. What is a truth table?

A truth table is a mathematical table that displays all possible combinations of inputs and corresponding outputs for a logical expression. It is a visual representation of the relationship between inputs and outputs in a logical system.

2. How is a truth table used to represent a boolean expression?

A truth table can be used to represent a boolean expression by assigning a letter or variable to each input and using logical operators (AND, OR, NOT) to connect them. The output column of the truth table represents the result of the boolean expression for each combination of inputs.

3. Can a truth table have more than two inputs?

Yes, a truth table can have any number of inputs. The number of rows in a truth table is determined by the number of inputs, with each row representing a unique combination of inputs.

4. What is the purpose of converting a truth table to a boolean expression?

Converting a truth table to a boolean expression can help simplify and analyze complex logical systems. It allows for the evaluation and manipulation of logical expressions using algebraic rules and laws.

5. How do you convert a truth table to a boolean expression?

To convert a truth table to a boolean expression, you can use the logical operators (AND, OR, NOT) to connect the inputs and outputs in a way that reflects the pattern in the truth table. You can also use algebraic rules and laws to simplify the expression and make it more concise.