Guess what I saw on the Indian Reservation today

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker recounts a funny incident where they were surveying a new housing complex on a reservation and saw a goat following a dog, thinking it was a dog itself. They also share another funny story involving goats, specifically fainting goats. They then mention their own experience with goats, dogs, cows, and even a horse all living together on their property. The conversation ends with a playful argument between the speaker and another person about who is to blame for the lack of response on a previous thread.
tribdog
Actually today was the second time I've seen this, but I can't remember if I told you about it last time.
I'm a surveyor, the mapping kind not the questioning kind. My company has taken on a job surveying a new housing complex on a nearby reservation. I was standing there doing my job when all of a sudden I heard a noise behind me. I turned around and saw these two dogs coming towards me, but something didn't look quite right. The were acting like normal dogs; tails wagging, stopping and sniffing things, doing dog sort of things. Then when they got closer I realized what was different. There was only one dog and following that dog was a goat. I've only seen one thing funnier in my whole life. This goat thought it was a dog. It's tail was wagging like crazy and it was bouncing down the road happy as can be. Everytime the real dog would stop and sniff something the goat would sniff the same spot. I waited for them to cock their leg on a fence post, but wasn't fortunate enough to witness that.

ps the funniest thing I've ever seen also involves goats. You ever seen those goats with the nervous condition? If you spook them they faint. A few minutes later they wake up and "BOO!" down they go again. That's Entertainment.

Physics news on Phys.org
Lol!

Man are you a thread killer or what? One post and only 34 reads, this is as bad as your embarassing moment thread.

That is halarious! LOL!
classic, tribdog!

LOL ... LOL ... LOL

Edit:
The fainting goat is funny :biggrin:

When we had two goats and three dogs, I made a big dog/goat house and they all slept and played together. When the female goat had two babies, the smallest dog - Crash - largely adopted the babies as hers. If Crash decided to give the baby goats a bath she would not allow anyone near them including the real mother. I was told told that the dogs would kill the goats within a month. They lived together for about six years.

Tsunami and I would go for daily walks around our five acres with four goats, three dogs, five or six, or even ten cows, maybe a cat or two, and for a time, a horse, all following behind us in a parade-like fashion. For a time I felt like building an ark but that finally passed.

Lol...crazy

HEY tribdog. My thread wasnt BAD, as I recall, YOU posted the most on that thread therefore I blame you for ruining it and making it unpopular. And if no-one responds to this thread, it's your fault as well.

Tribdog, how do you possibly top a fainting goat? Although Ivan's ark tale was pretty good. :biggrin:

What is an Indian Reservation?

An Indian Reservation is a designated land area that is set aside by the United States government for Native American tribes to live on and govern themselves.

What kind of things can you see on an Indian Reservation?

On an Indian Reservation, you can see a variety of things such as traditional Native American homes, cultural events and ceremonies, natural landscapes, and modern infrastructure like schools and homes.

Are Indian Reservations open to the public?

Yes, Indian Reservations are open to the public. However, it is important to remember that these are sovereign lands and visitors should always respect the customs and traditions of the tribe and obtain permission before visiting.

Do all Native American tribes live on reservations?

No, not all Native American tribes live on reservations. Some tribes have maintained their ancestral lands and do not live on reservations, while others have relocated to urban areas.

What is the history and purpose of Indian Reservations?

Indian Reservations were created through treaties and executive orders by the United States government to relocate Native American tribes from their ancestral lands. The purpose was to consolidate and control Native American populations and land, often without their consent. Today, the purpose of reservations is to provide a form of self-governance for Native American tribes and promote their cultural preservation and economic development.