(3I3,F9.6) Fortran source code

In summary, the conversation discusses various topics related to Fortran programming. The first part explains the format (3I3,F9.6) which represents a string of three integers with up to three digits, followed by a floating point number with up to nine digits, six of which are after the decimal point. The conversation then moves on to discussing how to input a function in multiple lines within the 72-column limit. The use of "\", "&" and the example of f(y)=sin(y)+cos(y) are mentioned. The next part talks about calculating user run time, drawing graphs between two programs, and determining the complexity of an algorithm (e.g. O(N^2) or O(N LOG N)). Finally, the
Rajini
what does this mean..i saw this in Fortran source code!
(3I3,F9.6)
thanks.

Technology news on Phys.org

That is a string formated as 3 integers with up to 3 digits, followed by a floating point number with up to 9 digits, up to 6 of them being to the right of the decimal point.

thanks Hall..
another doubt..
What is G12.6, A8 Format?
Please give me 1 e.g., for each (also for 3I3.). Now F9.6 is very clear.
thanks

3I3
means
126,128,133 these are three integers which represent 3 and having three digit in each of them which say I3

Hi, thank you!...

Since he has had his question answered, and my question relates to this topic, I'll post my question here.

I'm constrained to 72 columns to input my code. How do I input a function in multiple lines?

e.g:

f(y)=sin(y)+cos(y)

I have tried:

f(y)=sin(y)
f(y)=f(y)+cos(y)

The function I'm using exceeds the 72-column mark.

you can use \ or & for getting multiple lines

Few questions about Fortran

1. How can i calculate the user run time for my program , i am using fortran 90 and gfortran as compiler

2. How to draw the graph between the speed of two different programmes

3. Suppose i have a algorithm then how to calculate the complexity of algorithm, like whether my program is O (N^2) or O(N LOG N) ...if some one can explain this with small example then it will be very helpfull

Thanks

I want to calculate temperature and the solution contains sum from 1.100 and also contains x and y variables in sum. how can i make a do of the sum but maintain x and y variables constant.

1. What is (3I3,F9.6) Fortran source code?

(3I3,F9.6) Fortran source code is a type of coding language used in scientific and engineering applications. It is a subset of the Fortran programming language and is designed for numerical calculations and data processing.

2. What does the (3I3,F9.6) syntax mean in the code?

The (3I3,F9.6) syntax in the code refers to the data type and format of the variables being used. In this case, it indicates that there are three integer variables (I3) and one floating point variable (F9.6) being used in the code.

3. Can (3I3,F9.6) Fortran code be used for other types of programming?

Yes, (3I3,F9.6) Fortran code can be used for other types of programming, but it is primarily used for scientific and engineering applications. It may not be the most efficient choice for other types of programming, such as web development or app development.

4. How is (3I3,F9.6) Fortran code different from other programming languages?

(3I3,F9.6) Fortran code is different from other programming languages in that it is specifically designed for scientific and engineering applications, with a focus on numerical calculations and data processing. It also has a unique syntax and structure compared to other languages, making it more suitable for these types of tasks.

5. Is (3I3,F9.6) Fortran code still relevant and used today?

Yes, (3I3,F9.6) Fortran code is still very relevant and widely used today in scientific and engineering fields. It is a highly efficient and reliable language for performing complex calculations and data analysis, making it a valuable tool for researchers and scientists.