Meet ALICE, AIML Robot with 56K Vocabulary

• Thread starter TechPerson1024
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Robot
In summary, the conversation revolved around two AIML robots, ALICE and Eliza, with the speaker mentioning their programming and limitations. The speaker also mentioned discussing various topics with the robots, including selling for a million dollars, boll weevils, Cuban cigars, and self-centeredness.
TechPerson1024
Meet ALICE, an AIML robot programmed from AIML with a vocabulary of more than 56,000. Meet ALICE. :wink:

Computer science news on Phys.org
She told me she sells for a million dollars, which seems mighty steep. I said I was a pauper, which led somehow to talking about boll weevils living in cotton balls.

Eliza

Maybe you like the therapist better?

Head movement to mouse control.

Eliza seems to know less about the world than Alice. I got to talking about the ban on Cuban cigars with Eliza, but she really didn't do anything to lead conversation in that direction.

Janitor said:
Eliza seems to know less about the world than Alice. I got to talking about the ban on Cuban cigars with Eliza, but she really didn't do anything to lead conversation in that direction.

Its always about your self eh? :smile:

Seems that way. :wink:

1. What is ALICE?

ALICE (Artificial Linguistic Internet Computer Entity) is an AI chatbot developed by Dr. Richard Wallace in 1995. It is designed to simulate conversation with a human user and is capable of responding to a wide range of topics.

2. How does ALICE work?

ALICE uses AIML (Artificial Intelligence Markup Language) to interpret and respond to user input. It has a large vocabulary of over 56,000 words and phrases that it uses to generate responses using a combination of pattern matching and rule-based algorithms.

3. What can ALICE do?

ALICE is designed to engage in conversation on a wide range of topics, from general small talk to more specific discussions on current events, sports, and entertainment. It can also provide information and answer questions on a variety of subjects.

4. Is ALICE capable of learning?

While ALICE does not have the ability to learn new information on its own, it can be programmed by developers to expand its knowledge base and improve its responses. This makes it possible for ALICE to adapt to different situations and continue to evolve over time.

5. Is ALICE available for commercial use?

Yes, ALICE is available for commercial use and has been used by various companies and organizations as a customer service chatbot, virtual assistant, and language learning tool. It is also available for personal use and can be integrated into websites or messaging platforms.