The Philadelphia Eagles Thread

• Thread starter russ_watters
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, the Eagles have a good team, but they will not be able to win the Super Bowl this year because of the T.O. situation.
russ_watters
Mentor
This thread will remain open until the Eagles win the Super Bowl. No, that isn't a prediction, just a statement of fact...

...So how 'bout that T.O.?

Physics news on Phys.org
I am a Cowboys fan, but the Eagles look good again, just as they have for the past 3 or 4 years. Let's see if they can get it done this year though.

mattmns said:
I am a Cowboys fan...
You have my sincereist condolences.

edit: Ordinarily, you wouldn't, but these past few years, it hasn't been much of a rivalry. If I met you in a bar on October 9th, I'd buy you a beer out of sympathy.

Last edited:
Hell yes, my man WB is back. Shouldn't have held out though...

What I am really excited for is the Flyers w/ Forsberg and new Defense. They will be unstoppable

So my two friends and I were able to procure season tickets to the Eagles! We tried unsuccessfully to sell the tickets for last Friday's game, so I went with two of my friends. Pic attached (my roommate had a gig, so the girl on the left used his ticket). We got there late and missed TO's big catch, but it was still a good time. Gonna be a great season!

Attachments

• Eagles-s.jpg
    Eagles-s.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 374
Is Babe Ruth still playing for the Eagles? :confused:

Yeah, um, this thread will be open for a long time. You were my favorites to win the super bowl back around March, but since your team has literally crumbled apart.

I think more than anything you will be hurt by the loss of Pinkston, i don't really see anything after T.O and teams will be able to shamelessly double team him without worrying about it in the least.

Losing Corey Simon was also big, yeah, he wanted to much money for what he was worth, but sometimes, especially in a super bowl run like you guys are in, you got to be willing to shell out money. You guys are so far under the cap it's not even funny, and the best part is you have a good team. If you had an owner who wasn't a cheap bastard and was willing to actually spend money to get the final parts of a team together, you could have easily been the superbowl favorites this year. But you won't pay for the talent that you need to get, and that is going to be the deathknell of your team.

Lastly, the T.O situation isn't going to help anybody. I don't remember a legendary QB-WR tandem that weren't friends. TO is a cancer to teams, and while I think pure talent will keep McNabb to TO very effective, they will not achieve their potential if they can't talk.

The colts, now with Simon, I think must be considered the favorite at this point to win it all. Freeney and Simon might be one of the scariest lines in the NFL, only beind Carolina. Unfortunately, my Browns still have a long, long way to go.

~Lyuokdea

I would love to b***h slap T.O.

russ_watters said:
This thread will remain open until the Eagles win the Super Bowl. No, that isn't a prediction, just a statement of fact...

...So how 'bout that T.O.?

I guess I will have to get my husband to join PF now! He is a HUGE Eagles fan being that he grew up in Reading PA. After this past year Super Bowl, I avoided him for a few days.

I won't say I've given up on being an Eagles fan, but I have given on picking them to win it all. I honestly believed they'd win each of the last three super bowls, and I know they had the talent to do it. I really hope that TO doesn't destroy this season. Team chemistry matters more in football than in any other sport.

Lyuokdea said:
I think more than anything you will be hurt by the loss of Pinkston...
Um, have you ever watched an Eagles game? :bugeye:
Fred said:
So would I, but it appears Andy has his leash cinched up nice and tight for now. There is nothing funnier than a 6 foot tall 6 year old throwing a hissy fit and still not getting his way.

russ_watters said:
If I met you in a bar on October 9th, I'd buy you a beer out of sympathy.
:rolleyes: Thanks :tongue2:

Who would have thought the Eagles would be last in their division after 5 games? :smile:

FredGarvin said:
I would have gladly done this a couple of seasons ago, but now in Philly he seems to be growing up some.

Go Browns...errr, yeah, that's right.

PS: Go Bengals too ! :uhh:

Last edited:
Gokul43201 said:
PS: Go Bengals too !
Why even bother? :rofl: Oh, right, I moved out of Cincy, they're allowed to win again (it seems wherever I move, the team starts losing). :rolleyes:

T.O. is ripped. He played well last nite in the philly/dallas game, mind you he usualyl does doesn't he?

Me said:
If I met you in a bar on October 9th, I'd buy you a beer out of sympathy.
mattmns said:
:rolleyes: Thanks :tongue2::
Boy, I should have known that one would come back to bite me on the ass.

That game was just inexplicable. I actually didn't watch it (I was on a plane), but from what I heard/read, pretty much everyone just played bad.

The only obvious problems with the team are Akers being down (but his replacement is doing ok) and a slightly weak running game (but when McNabb passes for 350yd, that shouldn't matter).

I still don't understand why the Eagles didn't make a strong push for Shaun Alexander over the summer. They had the space and he and Seattle both wanted him moved. He's only leading the NFL in rushing again.

The Eagles had me worried yesterday. If it was not for that interception I am not sure what would have happened. Amazing how one play can change the momentum like that. The Cowboys have a bye week and then play the Eagles again, not sure what will happen.

Yeah, I just thought that turn of events was a crying shame. :rofl:

The Broncos finally discovered the secret to ending their fourth quarter woes - blow the lead in the third quarter while there's still time to turn things around.

BobG said:
Yeah, I just thought that turn of events was a crying shame. :rofl:
The Broncos finally discovered the secret to ending their fourth quarter woes - blow the lead in the third quarter while there's still time to turn things around.
:rofl:

The Cowboys like to lose games in the last minute. We play great for that first 59 minutes of the game, but teams often come back and win/tie in the last minute: Seahawks (Loss, TD + FG in last minute), Giants (Win-OT, TD 19 sec left), Redskins (Loss, TD 17 sec left), and almost against the Chargers in the last seconds.

T.O. suspended indefinitely by the Eagles!

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PHI/9025191 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Only so long he could keep his trap shut, eh ?

And once more : Go Bengals ! ...ummm, thanks Moonie !

Wow. Even Eagles haters - could you have possibly predicted what a disaster this season would be? But at least the Pats are doing badly too...except that the Eagles at 4-3 is good for last (the NFC is back?) and the Pats at 4-3 is good for first.

The team really is all there - that's the frustrating part. It isn't like they lost someone big and never had a chance - all the cylinders are there, they just aren't firing. And there are so many reasons why. The biggest problem, I think - oddly enough - is Dorsey Levens.

Anyway, maybe it's time to just move on to the college football thread...

We are 4-3 because of the cancer that is T.O. Thank god we finally got rid of that scum bag. Hopefully we will never see him in one of our uniforms ever again.

Tomorrow should be an easy win for you guys, the redskins are a joke.

mattmns said:
Tomorrow should be an easy win for you guys, the redskins are a joke.
Hmm, I guess not.

I don't like to gloat but
Giants win again.

T.O. now suspended for the whole season: http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PHI/9029398 [Broken]

Hopefully this will help the Cowboys out on Monday :smile:

Do we have a Redskins fan out there? We seem to have everyone in the NFC East but them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I don't really follow football (or sports period), but I'm from DC. If no one steps up to take ownership, I can be your whipping boy...

how bad are the skins doing this year?

They are actually doing ok. They beat the Eagles yesterday 17-10. Their record is 5-3, yes 5 wins, 3 losses.

TO had a press conference today with his agent, where he read a much more sincere apology. Then his agent went on a 9 minute rant, blaming the media for TO's issues. When a reporter asked the agent if it was is fault (his new agent started working for TO right before these problems started this spring), the agent dodged and TO winked. My prediction: TO will fire his agent shortly, in an effort to salvage his season. I'm on the fence as to whether that'll actually help...

Unlike Keyshawn Johnson, TO actually cares that he isn't playing - and it isn't just the $800,000 he's going to lose for the 4 games he's going to be suspended.

enigma said:
Well, I don't really follow football (or sports period), but I'm from DC. If no one steps up to take ownership, I can be your whipping boy...
Ooh...well...um... :blushing: Oh...you probably didn't mean it that way. :redface:

Gokul, you're welcome. :rofl:

Trade him to the Raiders. They'll take him, and they'll probably have another high pick this year. The Eagles can pick up LenDale White or DeAngelo Williams, depending on who is available at that pick, and finally have a big back that can carry a heavy workload to complement Westbrook.

Phewwwwwwww! Man what an ending!

You mean, what a friggin disaster? Yeah, I was there...