Looking for a 3D graphics program to draw balls in space

In summary, the conversation is discussing the possibility of using a program to draw a 3D ball with given coordinates for the purpose of creating a visual representation of a crystal structure. The individual is seeking a program that can help them identify the planes of atoms with Miller indices and impress others during a presentation. Suggestions for programs such as VPython and POV-Ray are mentioned.
el_hijoeputa
Is there exist a program that I just give the (x,y,z) coordinates, and the program draw me a 3D ball where I asked. I will use it to draw a crystall consisting of balls.

I need the program to help me visualize the structure of a crystal, and to draw a picture of a crystall, and identify the planes of atoms (with miller indices) and impress everyone in an oral presentation :)

Physics news on Phys.org
mm are you looking to code anything or just say DrawBall(x,y,z)

Try http://VPython.org
as described in
https://www.physicsforums.com/blog/2005/10/19/vpython-3d-programming-for-ordinary-mortals/

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a 3D graphics program?

A 3D graphics program is a software or computer program that allows users to create, edit, and manipulate three-dimensional objects and scenes. It is commonly used in various industries such as animation, gaming, architecture, and engineering.

2. How do I draw balls in space using a 3D graphics program?

To draw balls in space using a 3D graphics program, you will need to first create a 3D scene or environment. Then, you can use the tools and features of the program to create and manipulate a sphere or ball object in the scene. You can also add textures, lighting, and other effects to make the balls look more realistic.

3. What are some popular 3D graphics programs for drawing balls in space?

Some popular 3D graphics programs for drawing balls in space include Blender, Autodesk Maya, Cinema 4D, and 3ds Max. These programs offer a wide range of tools and features for creating and manipulating 3D objects and scenes, including balls in space.

4. Is it difficult to learn how to use a 3D graphics program?

It depends on the program and your level of experience with 3D graphics. Some programs may have a steeper learning curve and require more time and practice to master. However, many programs have user-friendly interfaces and offer tutorials and resources to help users learn how to use them effectively.

5. Can I use a 3D graphics program to animate balls in space?

Yes, most 3D graphics programs have animation capabilities that allow users to create and manipulate moving objects, including balls in space. You can use keyframe animation or other techniques to make the balls move and interact with other objects in the scene.