I never had friend in my life I need physics freinds and cool science friends.

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's loneliness and desire for friends who share their interest in science. They discuss the possibility of finding friends in a physics club or in the UK, where the speaker will be studying. They also mention the difficulty of finding like-minded people and the speaker's unique qualities. They end with the speaker expressing their desire for friendship and asking about the other person's identity.
SBC
I never had friend in my life ! I need physics friends and cool science friends.

Hi, this is me kiran

Do you want to know how I look like ?
here is my vdo.

NASA selected my vdo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OPwr-vhugZo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param [Broken] name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OPwr-vhugZo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Does all people have a good friend ?

Guys, How it feels like Having a friend ?
is it really mandatory to have a friend in life.
I never Had a friend in my life (now I am 20)..
Does friends r really Useful ?
What is friendship ?
(I feel like I don't belong to this world .. let NASA trow me into another planet may be some aliens might make friendship with me >>?? )

Well I feel lonely life is cool. it gives me more confidence.

Through out my life I never had a friend. I just used to consider my friend as my pet dogs but now they are gone. I am Happy with my family. but still I feel I am missing something in life I don't even know How true friendship feels like ?
Well, I always been friendly to every one. still situations around me making me lonely.
I don't know why... now I feel loneliness is really good. It gives me lots of Ideas to me related to my subject like intellectual mind.

Am I really missing something ?

Now I feel like books, Physics,nature,math and whole science as my true friend !

Well, am I feeling correctly ?

Does true friends really exist for every one ?
The only things that makes me lonely
- place where I live
- having tooo much of good habits
- following morels and what our Great personalities say!
- Not lying
- A unique Mind !
- Not watching sports / Movies (except sci-fi)
- Being Nerd
- Most of my classmates are Jealous of me. Always try to give trouble to me ( but it's fun)
and soo many things
- Always thinking related to science stuff

What will happen to me If I live lonely life ?

Does it effects to my mind ?

what ever you might say, I feel good being lonely ... but "I want to drink life to lees"
I really have lot of desire to gain knowledge ... to understand nature !

Please tell me who would be my friend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The only things that makes me lonely
- place where I live
- having tooo much of good habits
- following morels and what our Great personalities say!
- Not lying
- A unique Mind !
- Not watching sports / Movies (except sci-fi)
- Being Nerd
- Most of my classmates are Jealous of me. Always try to give trouble to me ( but it's fun)
and soo many things
- Always thinking related to science stuff

You are too good to have friends .. :biggrin:

rootX said:
You are too good to have friends .. :biggrin:
yeah you might be correct rootX,

may be I need to make friendship with physics MONKS ! LOL

I think you are too good to have friends, lol. I think all your qualities qualify for a good friend. You will be able to find many cool people here, like I have :biggrin:

SBC said:
but still I feel I am missing something in life I don't even know How true friendship feels like ?

Am I really missing something ?

Yes, you are. Go make a friend. Join a club or something. No matter how strange you are, I guarantee there's a bunch of other people just as strange who are interested in the same thing you are. :biggrin:

SBC said:
yeah you might be correct rootX,

may be I need to make friendship with physics MONKS ! LOL

... or change yourself rather than finding people who are as superior as you (which you believe you are either consciously or unconsciously).

mcknia07 said:
I think you are too good to have friends, lol. I think all your qualities qualify for a good friend. You will be able to find many cool people here, like I have :biggrin:

If it's true. than who ?

rootX said:
... or change yourself rather than finding people who are as superior as you (which you believe you are either consciously or unconsciously).
I don't like people who use bad words in daily life.
I avoid all. most of the people don't even know How to speak to a person..

so, how can I change my self ?

dotman said:
Yes, you are. Go make a friend. Join a club or something. No matter how strange you are, I guarantee there's a bunch of other people just as strange who are interested in the same thing you are. :biggrin:
soon I am going to study in UK.
the place where I am living,People don't give any value for science.

SBC said:
soon I am going to study in UK.
the place where I am living,People don't give any value for science.

I'm sure they do; you just need to find the right people. If you speak to your average person on the street here in the UK, they will not care about science!

cristo said:
I'm sure they do; you just need to find the right people. If you speak to your average person on the street here in the UK, they will not care about science!
OK, but I speak to all.

you are lucky :)

and don't think you are alone we all are with you :)

cheers!

obing said:
you are lucky :)

and don't think you are alone we all are with you :)

cheers!
Really !
but I don't know any thing about you. who are you ?
you can see me in my vdo.
you know and everyone knows who am I ?? and how I look like.
but I don't know anyone over here.

see my profile

am currently doing my engineering in computer science :)

What country are you from? There is a website called meetup.com where they you can search for groups of people in your area with similar interests. If you live in a culture that is very anti-intellectual, I could see why it would be very difficult to find people to relate to.

Having a best friend is the best thing in the world. You share so many interest and you can share anything with your brah. I wouldn't trade my friends for the world. They are actually all amazing. (the good ones anyway) If you really want to have friends, just be yourself and itneract more.

If that person doesn't care for you or your friend, screw him or her. Move on and converse with the next person. Chances are, you'll never see that person again when you're out on the streets. =) Good luck

kramer733 said:
Having a best friend is the best thing in the world. You share so many interest and you can share anything with your brah. I wouldn't trade my friends for the world. They are actually all amazing. (the good ones anyway) If you really want to have friends, just be yourself and itneract more.

If that person doesn't care for you or your friend, screw him or her. Move on and converse with the next person. Chances are, you'll never see that person again when you're out on the streets. =) Good luck

thank you for your reply ..
My interests are unique.
bad thing is I always speak related to science and Life.
I talk like Philosopher.
and I don't like to be a layman.
other reason is people use UGLY language.I never used UGLY language. so, I don't mess with any one.

this is it. I give up !
I don't need any friends.
I lost something called hope.
I did not ask online trade friendship.
I don't trust online friendship.

.. I am Lonely.
I am beginning to love it.

I never attended parties ... never Pub or club and none.
You are lucky.

Last edited:
Galteeth said:
What country are you from? There is a website called meetup.com where they you can search for groups of people in your area with similar interests. If you live in a culture that is very anti-intellectual, I could see why it would be very difficult to find people to relate to.
I am from India.

SBC said:
My interests are unique.

No they aren't.

SBC said:
bad thing is I always speak related to science and Life.

You aren't right now. You may argue that you're talking about 'life', but if this is talking about 'life', well, then, this is the same stuff everyone else talks about. 'Life' is pretty much everything, now isn't it?

SBC said:
I talk like Philosopher.
and I don't like to be a layman.
other reason is people use UGLY language.I never used UGLY language. so, I don't mess with any one.

1 - You aren't talking like a philosopher here.

2 - Do you think that you are better than everyone else? That you look down upon what you call a layman? Who are you to say what is and isn't ugly language?

SBC said:
this is it. I give up !
I don't need any friends.
I lost something called hope.
I did not ask online trade friendship.
I don't trust online friendship.

Quitters never lose. Problem is, they never win either.

SBC said:
.. I am Lonely.
I am beginning to love it.

Sure you are. You haven't even tried to make a friend! All of that crap above are just excuses so you don't have to try. Get over yourself and give it a shot.

dotman said:
No they aren't.

You aren't right now. You may argue that you're talking about 'life', but if this is talking about 'life', well, then, this is the same stuff everyone else talks about. 'Life' is pretty much everything, now isn't it?

2 - Do you think that you are better than everyone else? That you look down upon what you call a layman? Who are you to say what is and isn't ugly language?
Quitters never lose. Problem is, they never win either.
Sure you are. You haven't even tried to make a friend! All of that crap above are just excuses so you don't have to try. Get over yourself and give it a shot.
You don't know any thing about me, how can you say like that ?

any way.. Who follows morels like me ?

Man you really don't know me and what stuff I have done !

You can't come to your own conclusions.

Never underestimate a person.

I always tried to find one.I never gave up.but now I give up.

my life goon through difficult parts of life.

Everyone of us experiences different situations in life, depending on our surroundings and place we grow up.

OK forget it any way.
even if I get friends here I don't trust anyone cos it's online.
truth is nothing in online.

You are assuming that..my statements are Crap ?

Ok than, if you don't like to reply,don't reply.
and don't say any thing about my statements.
I am not liar. I am truthful.

You don't even have a clue about my life, and whatever happened to me in the past.

just forget it man.
and forgive me for wasting your time.

Do I need to talk like philosopher ?
Here?
Why ?
2 - Do you think that you are better than everyone else?
When did I say that, I am better than you all or people?
when ?
I always consider my self as a student.
I am not proud.
I will be always a student.
Nature is my teacher and Nature is expert not me.
3-That you look down upon what you call a layman?
I call layman, to those who don't care about science stuff in our daily life.
In my college. students, almost all students are diverted to
-girls
-love
-movies
-sports

NO one, not even one like me ever existed.
I asked every one, I talked to every person.but still No one cares.

in my college, we had freshers party ...
than all were enjoying party except me. cos I was Anchoring ... I did not like those movie songs and than suddenly audio speaker (big speaker fallen down from it's stand)
cos of resonance. than I said it to every one, like a true physics Nerd that, resonance is responsible for it's fall. than no one cared me.
no one cared what I said.
No one replied to me.
5-Who are you to say what is and isn't ugly language?
I am a MOREL follower.
I am NOBLE person.
I am Honest.
I am truthful and I say bad words or ugly words are bad.

Now you tell me,Who decides this word is bad word ..

F++++K
SON of ++++++

Now you tell me, Every day i face this .. people use this things to me everyday.
I never used any bad word my in my life.

They spake all negative things.

ask your self ,"have I used these words ?"

I say, I never used any bad words.

I hope you understood me.
I really take it seriously.
please try to understand me.

I haven't tried ?
LOL, who told you ?

All of that crap above are just excuses so you don't have to try.

Who said that these are excuses ?

Last edited:
Dear SBC, I find really hard to believe that you are the only nerd of your college. And that no student take physics/math as a serious thing in life. Maybe you are too enclosed in not seeing them. Keep hope.
When you're alone with say a guy... who's waiting for a room to open in your university. Just start talking about physics to him. You might start a friendship. Then next time you see him, continue to talk about physics. You could eventually get his phone number or so, so that you can go drink in a bar and talking physics. ok?

fluidistic said:
Dear SBC, I find really hard to believe that you are the only nerd of your college. And that no student take physics/math as a serious thing in life. Maybe you are too enclosed in not seeing them. Keep hope.
When you're alone with say a guy... who's waiting for a room to open in your university. Just start talking about physics to him. You might start a friendship. Then next time you see him, continue to talk about physics. You could eventually get his phone number or so, so that you can go drink in a bar and talking physics. ok?
dude or sir,
you did not understand main thing here.
In my country they don't give much importance to science.
they give importance to money,enjoyments.
it's not like UK or USA universities who like their fields.

it's really only few out of all my country population would be NERD in Physics.

I love biology,chemistry and math and all science filed but no one loves it.
they just take subjects as their future jobs.

fluidistic said:
DO you know, if I talk physics ?

they think that I am MAD person.

it is better to know some country facts. something like this might surprise you.

they think I am MAD.

SBC said:
DO you know, if I talk physics ?

they think that I am MAD person.

it is better to know some country facts. something like this might surprise you.

they think I am MAD.
The average person in the world probably is not fluent in mathematics and science, and certainly not the details of modern physics. This was the case when I attended high school and university. Only 20-30 students of more than 700 who graduated in my class in high school took the calculus and honors physics and chemistry. That's about 4% or less. Of those, some probably went onto advanced degrees.

I attended a university of about 36,000 students when I started and over 40,000 students when I attended graduate school. The physics department had about 30-40 senior level students, or less than 0.1% of the student population. My nuclear engineering undergraduate class had about 20 students, who completed the program, or less than 0.06% of the student population. Most of us were friends in the department, but each had several friends outside the department. Within the department we have a lot of mutual interest in the science and engineering of nuclear technology.

Astronuc said:
The average person in the world probably is not fluent in mathematics and science, and certainly not the details of modern physics. This was the case when I attended high school and university. Only 20-30 students of more than 700 who graduated in my class in high school took the calculus and honors physics and chemistry. That's about 4% or less. Of those, some probably went onto advanced degrees.

I attended a university of about 36,000 students when I started and over 40,000 students when I attended graduate school. The physics department had about 30-40 senior level students, or less than 0.1% of the student population. My nuclear engineering undergraduate class had about 20 students, who completed the program, or less than 0.06% of the student population. Most of us were friends in the department, but each had several friends outside the department. Within the department we have a lot of mutual interest in the science and engineering of nuclear technology.
but they never like to talk related to a subject.
all they want is movies.
every country is different and it's different with it's way of educating people.
but in my country...
all the schools and college people try to complete syllabus fast and after that teachers and students .. GUESS the question papers and they try to memorize all stuff in note book.

but I never did that...
i always follow textbook and understand it till the end.
I watch science shows , all my physics classmates watch MOVIES,games and sports.

and me sitting all alone and doing math and science stuff.

i am also suffering from asparagus syndrome.
I don't have good relationships with people.

but, still I speak to all...

SBC said:
i am also suffering from asparagus syndrome.
I'm afraid to ask - but what is 'asparagus syndrome'?

SBC said:
You don't know any thing about me, how can you say like that ?

any way.. Who follows morels like me ?

Man you really don't know me and what stuff I have done !

You can't come to your own conclusions.

Never underestimate a person.

I always tried to find one.I never gave up.but now I give up.

my life goon through difficult parts of life.

Everyone of us experiences different situations in life, depending on our surroundings and place we grow up.

OK forget it any way.
even if I get friends here I don't trust anyone cos it's online.
truth is nothing in online.
Don't give up on finding your true friend. Trust me it's really worth it in the end. The lonliness disapears, you never feel depressed, you're constantly challenged by them. (they push you to become better every time) and best of all, you get to hang out with your buddy =).

I'd trade all my possessions i have to have one more day with my best friend. =D Don't give up ok!? If you give up, you're mentally weak. I don't care what marks you get but the people who have mental strength would never give up on anything. Athletes/professors/archaeologists/the young and coming pick up artists who strive to get laid/the real martial artists who seek zen and true inner peace/ everybody.

WALK LIKE THE SPIRIT OF THE SAMURAI AND YOU'LL NEVER LOOK BACK IN LIFE. Bushido is my way of life. I strongly advise you to take up a hobby and forget about your science roots when you're there. Treat them with respect.

Astronuc said:

Perhaps he means Asperger's syndrome.

lisab said:
Perhaps he means Asperger's syndrome.
Ahhh.

Astronuc said:

Asperger's syndrome.

SBC said:
Asperger's syndrome.

Well that does make it tougher for you, since reading social signals is more difficult for those with Asperger's. But perhaps there are ways to learn these skills. Does your school have a counselor who could give guidance on where to find help?

Also I wouldn't totally discount online friends.

I hear the term aspergers and autism come up a lot on these forums... is it something that a lot of people with interest in science has?

Sorry! said:
I hear the term aspergers and autism come up a lot on these forums... is it something that a lot of people with interest in science has?

science does not require emotions?

<h2>1. How can I make friends who are interested in physics and science?</h2><p>One way to make friends who share your interests in physics and science is to join clubs or organizations related to these subjects. You can also attend events, workshops, or conferences focused on science and physics to meet like-minded individuals. Additionally, reaching out to people online through social media or forums can also help you connect with potential science friends.</p><h2>2. What are some qualities to look for in a potential science friend?</h2><p>Some qualities to look for in a potential science friend include a passion for learning and discussing scientific topics, open-mindedness, and a willingness to engage in intellectual conversations. It can also be helpful to find someone who shares similar values and interests as you.</p><h2>3. How can I maintain friendships with my science friends?</h2><p>To maintain friendships with your science friends, make sure to regularly communicate and make plans to hang out or attend events together. It can also be beneficial to have regular discussions about science and share interesting articles or research with each other. Showing genuine interest in your friend's scientific pursuits can also strengthen your bond.</p><h2>4. What if I don't have access to clubs or events to meet science friends?</h2><p>If you don't have access to clubs or events to meet science friends, you can try reaching out to people through online platforms or social media. You can also connect with scientists or science enthusiasts through online forums or discussion groups. Additionally, you can consider starting your own science club or organizing events in your community to meet others who share your interests.</p><h2>5. How can I make friends who are both interested in physics and cool to hang out with?</h2><p>Making friends who are both interested in physics and cool to hang out with can be challenging, but not impossible. It's essential to keep an open mind and not limit yourself to only befriending people with similar interests. You can also try joining clubs or organizations that focus on both science and social activities. Additionally, attending science-themed events or conferences can also help you meet people who share your interests and are fun to hang out with.</p>

1. How can I make friends who are interested in physics and science?

One way to make friends who share your interests in physics and science is to join clubs or organizations related to these subjects. You can also attend events, workshops, or conferences focused on science and physics to meet like-minded individuals. Additionally, reaching out to people online through social media or forums can also help you connect with potential science friends.

2. What are some qualities to look for in a potential science friend?

Some qualities to look for in a potential science friend include a passion for learning and discussing scientific topics, open-mindedness, and a willingness to engage in intellectual conversations. It can also be helpful to find someone who shares similar values and interests as you.

3. How can I maintain friendships with my science friends?

To maintain friendships with your science friends, make sure to regularly communicate and make plans to hang out or attend events together. It can also be beneficial to have regular discussions about science and share interesting articles or research with each other. Showing genuine interest in your friend's scientific pursuits can also strengthen your bond.

4. What if I don't have access to clubs or events to meet science friends?

If you don't have access to clubs or events to meet science friends, you can try reaching out to people through online platforms or social media. You can also connect with scientists or science enthusiasts through online forums or discussion groups. Additionally, you can consider starting your own science club or organizing events in your community to meet others who share your interests.

5. How can I make friends who are both interested in physics and cool to hang out with?

Making friends who are both interested in physics and cool to hang out with can be challenging, but not impossible. It's essential to keep an open mind and not limit yourself to only befriending people with similar interests. You can also try joining clubs or organizations that focus on both science and social activities. Additionally, attending science-themed events or conferences can also help you meet people who share your interests and are fun to hang out with.