Who are the long-time mentors at PF celebrating 9 years of dedication?

• Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation celebrates the 9th year of some mentors at PF and thanks them for their dedication. There is some friendly banter and nostalgia about past events on the forum. One user mentions that he has been a member since 2001, but his registration date was reset in 2003. Another expresses gratitude for the mentors' efforts and a mentor jokingly mentions that the user's time on the forum doesn't count. The conversation ends with a mentor acknowledging that only a small fraction of his time on the forum has been as a mentor.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This year marks the 9th year here at PF for the following mentors. Thank you for your dedication.

cepheid
Doc Al
https://www.physicsforums.com/member.php?u=5155
https://www.physicsforums.com/member.php?u=331
Hurkyl
Integra
russ_watters

Physics news on Phys.org
I feel old now.

Evo said:
I feel old now.

Do you feel nostalgic to the time you rode on the back of that dinosaur??

micromass said:
Do you feel nostalgic to the time you rode on the back of that dinosaur??
:devil: You're just jealous!

Evo said:
:devil: You're just jealous!

Remember that time that you made yourself some chili con carne? You caused the dinosaurs to go extinct. Nothing to be jealous off...

micromass said:
Remember that time that you made yourself some chili con carne? You caused the dinosaurs to go extinct. Nothing to be jealous off...
:cry:

dlgoff said:
This year marks the 9th year here at PF for the following mentors. Thank you for your dedication.

cepheid
Doc Al
Hurkyl
Integra
russ_watters

Hey, another year, and they all qualify for the PF AARP.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Hey, another year, and they all qualify for the PF AARP.

Zz.

20% off staff room vending machines!

dlgoff said:

I see you have been dedicated to PF this long as well. :)

I like Serena said:
I see you have been dedicated to PF this long as well. :)
Yea, but those guys worked. :approve:

Micro leave grandma Evo alone! Thanks to all those mentors for their time and effort :smile:

Actually, I think I am coming up on my 11th year. I registered in Dec 2001. That does not reflect in the dates currently shown as everything was reset in '03.

dlgoff said:

cepheid
Doc Al
Hurkyl
Integra
russ_watters

Yay! Thanks for all of your efforts!

Two years, but my post count is well over some "other" members who have been here much longer. I should get the "get a life" PF club card. Free bag of chips for every 500 posts

By the way, I'll have you know Evo never rode that dinosaur. She actually helped stir the goo at the time of abiogenesis. They found her spoon last week, along with her AARP card that she already had at the time.

This is definitely my favorite site. I really do appreciate all the work the mentors, advisors, and helpers put into this forum. Thank you everyone!

lisab said:
:approve:

Integral said:
Actually, I think I am coming up on my 11th year. I registered in Dec 2001. That does not reflect in the dates currently shown as everything was reset in '03.
Oh. Okay. You don't count then. :devil: NOT

lisab said:
And yours as well. Five years isn't anything to sneeze at.

dlgoff said:
And yours as well. Five years isn't anything to sneeze at.

Ah but I have allergies and will sneeze at anything. And only a small fraction of my time here has been as mentor.

1. Who are the long-time mentors at PF?

The long-time mentors at PF are a group of dedicated individuals who have been volunteering their time and expertise to mentor students for the past 9 years. They come from various backgrounds and professions, but all share a passion for helping others succeed.

2. How many long-time mentors are there at PF?

Currently, there are 25 long-time mentors at PF. However, this number may change as new mentors join or current mentors retire.

3. What qualifications do the long-time mentors at PF have?

The long-time mentors at PF have a range of qualifications and experiences, including degrees in various fields, professional certifications, and years of industry experience. They also undergo training and receive ongoing support from the PF organization.

4. How do the long-time mentors at PF help students?

The long-time mentors at PF provide guidance, support, and resources to students through one-on-one mentoring sessions. They also offer workshops, webinars, and other learning opportunities to help students develop their skills and achieve their goals.

5. How can I become a long-time mentor at PF?

If you are interested in becoming a long-time mentor at PF, you can apply on their website. The organization looks for individuals who are passionate about helping others, have relevant qualifications and experience, and can commit to at least 9 years of volunteering.