How can we improve battery life for cell phones?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cell Tree
In summary, the cell phone's battery discharged in less than 24 hours and the guy plans on committing suicide because of it.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Dang Tree hugging cell phone!

This stupid cell phone! The battery discharged in under 24 hours of simply being on standby! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: I hate everything. I hate life. I'm going to commit suicide.

Wait cyrusabdollahi would like that.

I plan on living another 90 years.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Time to get a new battery?

I bought this cell phone last week

Wow all worked up for a cell phone battery, that time of the month Pengwuino?

Is there a cause to your animosity, or was it hate at first sight? :!)

Are you spending a lot of time outside the digital network or not getting signal while the phone is on? They don't stay charged long if they're constantly searching for a signal. I live in an area outside the digital network (if you can believe such places still exist), and my phone only stays charged about a day too. I thought the battery was going bad until I traveled with the phone and realized it was just fine as long as I was back where it got digital coverage. Everyone around here keeps a charger in their bag and just plugs their phones in whenever they can. I hope they expand the network soon.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Wow all worked up for a cell phone battery, that time of the month Pengwuino?
Nah, the full moon was last week. :tongue:

It's probably the GPS traking device that is now becoming a standard feature in new cell phones.

It's probably the GPS traking device that is now becoming a standard feature in new cell phones.

Those have been in there for a long time now.

Evo, how much money to ban a mamber? I believe Cyrus will chip in too...

yomamma said:
Evo, how much money to ban a mamber? I believe Cyrus will chip in too...
It depends on the member. They're not all priced the same.

*slips evo a few $100 bills

RVBuckeye said:
The GPS function has to be activated, but yes, that could add to battery drain.

I can make him disappear......for a price.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/78/Tv_sesame_street_dvd_follow_that_bird.jpg

According to my parents I used to watch that overrrrrrrrrrrrr and oveeeeeeeeeeeer and overrrrrrrrr again.

(If you have seen the movie you know its about some bad guys that kidnap big bird and he gets painted blue, you can see the parallels).

Last edited by a moderator:
yomamma said:
*slips evo a few $100 bills
Thanks, I needed that. I guess I should mention that certain members can't be banned due to their permanent GOOBF cards.

Moonbear said:
Are you spending a lot of time outside the digital network or not getting signal while the phone is on? They don't stay charged long if they're constantly searching for a signal. I live in an area outside the digital network (if you can believe such places still exist), and my phone only stays charged about a day too. I thought the battery was going bad until I traveled with the phone and realized it was just fine as long as I was back where it got digital coverage. Everyone around here keeps a charger in their bag and just plugs their phones in whenever they can. I hope they expand the network soon.
That stinks, I hadn't thought about that.

Evo said:
That stinks, I hadn't thought about that.
Yeah, apparently that's what that big asterisk next to the 5 days battery life claim is for. :grumpy:

No I am in the city, adn it's suppose to have a "16 day battery life" and stop putting a bounty on my head!

how much evo...?

Can i ban yomamma :devil: :devil: :devil:

Oh and speaking of not getting banned, did i ever tell you how your smashing personality is only matched by your stunning beauty?

Penqwuino is one of my favorites, he can't be banned.

Yomamma sends me chocolates and gives me money, he's safe.

Cyrus drew me great pictures, he's not going anywhere.

Looks like you guys ares stuck with each other. :biggrin:

Evo said:
Cyrus drew me great pictures, he's not going anywhere.

I heard he put them on amiugly.com

Better hurry and deal unmeasured amounts of damage upon him.

Pengwuino said:
I heard he put them on amiugly.com

Better hurry and deal unmeasured amounts of damage upon him.
WHAT? My pictures? :cry:

Evo said:
Looks like you guys ares stuck with each other. :biggrin:
:eek:

Last edited:
If it's supposed to have a 16 day battery life and you're only getting a day with it on standby and are in the digital network, I'd bring it back and demand they replace the battery. You probably got a defective one.

Evo said:
Thanks, I needed that. I guess I should mention that certain members can't be banned due to their permanent GOOBF cards.

Did mine expire or is it still valid?

Moonbear said:
If it's supposed to have a 16 day battery life and you're only getting a day with it on standby and are in the digital network, I'd bring it back and demand they replace the battery. You probably got a defective one.

Yah I'm going to bust into that store, shoot into the air, and demand the battery. 10 years in prison or waiting an hour in line, i think the choice is obvious. The battery is sooooooooooo hard to get out too! Why does everything suck. I don't konw, I am starting to soudn like gale.

:rofl: you read my mind but I did not want to say that because that would be,......rude. You might want to edit that bucko. Be nice to the girl, where are your manners? (Smacks pengwuino in the back of the head, HARD)

I charge my phone once every tuesday. I never turn it off. I talk on it and use it as my mp3 player. I guess you just suck at life. My cell phone battery and cell phone itself pwns.

moose said:
I charge my phone once every tuesday. I never turn it off. I talk on it and use it as my mp3 player. I guess you just suck at life. My cell phone battery and cell phone itself pwns.

I do suck at life i think

moose said:

How utterly, remorsefully, supportive.

Pengwuino said:
I do suck at life i think
Well, your bookcase making skills are somewhat lacking, but you're a fine penguin. :!)

Evo said:
Well, your bookcase making skills are somewhat lacking, but you're a fine penguin. :!)
:rofl: Awww...poor Pengwuino, all he wants is to get tossed a fish once in a while and instead he gets his feathers ruffled.

1. How can we extend the battery life of cell phones?

There are several ways to extend the battery life of cell phones. One way is to reduce the screen brightness, as the screen is one of the biggest battery drainers. Another way is to turn off unused features such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and location services. Additionally, closing unused apps and enabling power-saving mode can also help conserve battery life.

2. Is it better to fully charge or partially charge a cell phone battery?

It is recommended to partially charge a cell phone battery instead of fully charging it. Fully charging a battery can cause it to degrade faster over time. It is best to keep the battery between 40% and 80% charged for optimal longevity.

3. How often should I replace my cell phone battery?

The average lifespan of a cell phone battery is 2-3 years. However, if you notice a significant decrease in battery life, it may be time to replace it. You can also check the battery health in your phone's settings to see if it is still functioning at its full capacity.

4. Does using a fast charger affect the battery life of a cell phone?

Using a fast charger can affect the battery life of a cell phone. Fast charging increases the temperature of the battery, which can cause it to degrade faster over time. It is recommended to use a regular charger or slow charging to preserve the battery's lifespan.

5. Are there any new technologies being developed to improve battery life for cell phones?

Yes, there are ongoing research and development efforts to improve battery life for cell phones. Some potential technologies include solid-state batteries, which promise longer lifespan and faster charging times, and energy harvesting, which utilizes ambient energy sources to power devices. However, these technologies are still in the early stages and may not be available for consumer use for some time.