Did my FORTRAN program exceed expectations?

• Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary: It's supposed to be a british penny, due to their shape and mass. What, remove the penny? :uhh: They're the best part of the drink! :bugeye:I like a beer in which a spoons stands up.
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2023 Award
I had a great day today!

I wrote a FORTRAN program to do some statistical analyses, and it worked better than I expected. I only had to a few debugs. :biggrin:

Any day that I can write a FORTRAN program - and it works better than expected - is a great day!

So, bottles up!

Physics news on Phys.org
You da man Astronuc! First ones on me!

Unfortunately I'm at work. No drinky at the worky.
Now if I worked at the Guinness factory then I could join you. Having a Guinness on my lunch break is one of the many reasons I would love to work for them. They'll even pay you out for the Guinness you don't drink if you decline!

TheStatutoryApe said:
Unfortunately I'm at work. No drinky at the worky.
No problem, I'm sure we can find someone to drink yours. :biggrin: It seems to be the night to drink. Another site I visit was having happy hour after the moderators there slayed the last of the trolls that found their way in tonight (well, it was all one troll who kept coming back with new names and leaving wakes of destruction in his path).

Astronuc said:
I had a great day today!

I wrote a FORTRAN program to do some statistical analyses, and it worked better than I expected. I only had to a few debugs. :biggrin:

Any day that I can write a FORTRAN program - and it works better than expected - is a great day!

So, bottles up!

Yay! Guinness! *Gets blind drunk and passes out*

Moonbear said:
No problem, I'm sure we can find someone to drink yours. :biggrin:

Pick me! OOh OOH !1 Pick Me!

Really, i could use it.

I'll tip a Guiness with you all. Most any occasion will do it. Fortran.. I can't believe that anybody is still using it. I still have my Masters project around somewhere (maybe on 5.25" disks), it was in Fortran. But that was 20 years ago.

Even though I could never downa Guiness (I'll share a shot with you though)...Prosit!

There is only one way to tell if a Guiness is good. Place an english penny on the foam: if it sinks through the foam then the Guiness is no good, if it stays on top then chug away!

Dawguard said:
There is only one way to tell if a Guiness is good. Place an english penny on the foam: if it sinks through the foam then the Guiness is no good, if it stays on top then chug away!
After removing the penny? BTW, is that a US, British or Irish penny? :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
After removing the penny? BTW, is that a US, British or Irish penny? :biggrin:
It's supposed to be a british penny, due to their shape and mass. What, remove the penny? :uhh: They're the best part of the drink! :bugeye:

I like a beer in which a spoons stands up.

Actually a Guinness beer float is pretty good - Guinness and vanilla ice cream. :tongue2:

I usually drink Keith's, but a Guiness is nice now and then... especially for such a worthy achievement. Congrats, and cheers! :cool:

1. What is "It's Guinness Time"?

"It's Guinness Time" is a catchphrase used by the popular Irish beer brand Guinness to promote its products and to encourage people to enjoy a pint of Guinness.

2. When is "It's Guinness Time"?

The timing of "It's Guinness Time" can vary depending on the individual, but it is often used as a phrase to indicate a time to relax and enjoy a pint of Guinness, such as after work or on the weekend.

3. Why is "It's Guinness Time" associated with Guinness?

Guinness has been using the phrase "It's Guinness Time" in its marketing campaigns since the 1980s to create a sense of anticipation and celebration around drinking their beer. It has become a popular catchphrase and is strongly associated with the brand.

4. Is "It's Guinness Time" a global phenomenon?

While Guinness is a popular beer brand globally, the phrase "It's Guinness Time" may not be as widely recognized in all countries. However, it is a popular phrase in many countries where Guinness is sold, especially in Ireland, the UK, and the United States.

5. Can anyone use the phrase "It's Guinness Time"?

Technically, anyone can use the phrase "It's Guinness Time," as it is not copyrighted or trademarked. However, it is most commonly associated with the Guinness brand and may be seen as odd or out of context if used by someone who is not promoting or drinking Guinness products.