The Science Behind Menstrual Cramps: Understanding the Role of Prostaglandins

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cycle
In summary, acetaminophen overdose occurs more than any other pharmacologic substance, acetaminophen poisoning can lead to liver failure, and acetaminophen can be prevented from causing liver toxicity by taking it with N-acetyl cysteine.
karthik3k said:
Poor Females :-(

Thank GOD I am a BOy

i don't think of myself as "poor me" because i am female and have gone through labor and such...as the saying goes, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...of course not completely true literally, but going through life's little inconvienences in general can make you "tougher" depending on your perspective.

Biology news on Phys.org
How about the 9 months preceding labor, men will never understand what it feels like to have a human being grow inside of you. Or the connection felt when nursing. (not that I know of it, mind you)

Or the first five months of vomiting & dry heaving 13 hours a day. I was losing a pound a week the first couple of months and the doctor kept threatening to put me in the hospital. I could only eat very salty baked ham with any success. I did end up gaining 22 pounds by the time I delivered though. Same thing with my second pregnancy. Also the last trimester of my pregnancies, both my ankles were so swollen I could barely bend them, so I was put on disability from work.

Geeze, I *AM* the poster child for not getting pregnant, aren't I? :frown:

A funny thing happened with my second child. When I was in labor, they picked up 2 distinct heartbeats. They told me I was having twins and that although they hadn't previously detected twins, it did happen. They actually had 2 fetal monitors on me throughout the entire labor. I was freaked out.

When I delivered the first baby, the doctor was confused because there was no second baby. Their excuse was that I was small & thin and my baby weighed 9 pounds 6 ounces, they said they must've been picking up an echo.

Adrenaline, is ths normal? I know I'm a freak, but I seem to have the weirdest things happen to me. :frown:

?...

Back