Eminem Sues Apple for Unauthorized Use of Music

• Music
  • Thread starter Dagenais
  • Start date
  • Tags
    apple Music
In summary: Originally posted by motai Neither did I. The only thing I could think of was symbolism and the sledgehammer and it breaking the screen symbolizing a change. That was the commercial that got people upset with Apple. It showed a woman running and the screen breaks, symbolizing a change.
Dagenais
Yes, another lawsuit against Apple, just after they finished up with the one about the iBook's logic board problem.

This time, involving Eminem: http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,62406,00.html

Apple has a habit for getting people angry with its commercials.

First the "switch" commercials which got PC users riled up.

Then the, "Powermac G5 is the world's fastest computer", got the ad banned from the UK.

Now, they illegally use Eminem's music.

Being a Mac user, I can't say I'm impressed with Apple's way of advertising.

Just thought you'd be interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
Rather ironic with the advertising dilemma, considering that their first commercial was the most groundbreaking.

Originally posted by motai
Rather ironic with the advertising dilemma, considering that their first commercial was the most groundbreaking.

You mean the one with the woman running? That one was scary. The 1984 one?

The difference between that time, and now is that Apple was strong back then. Now they have about 1.7% of the market.

Before they were dominant, now they are threatened.

Apple is also being sued by the beatles record company called apple:

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000085&sid=a6ni5OCPVzkQ&refer=europe

Originally posted by kenikov
You mean the one with the woman running? That one was scary. The 1984 one?

The difference between that time, and now is that Apple was strong back then. Now they have about 1.7% of the market.

Before they were dominant, now they are threatened.

True, it was scary. But from the business articles I've read it was the most "groundbreaking". I personally didnt like the commercial myself.

tell me about this ad with a lady running, please.

Originally posted by Gara
tell me about this ad with a lady running, please.

Watch it, Here.

I dint get it. [?] [?]

Originally posted by Miles
I dint get it. [?] [?]

Neither did I. The only thing I could think of was symbolism and the sledgehammer and it breaking the screen symbolizing a change.

Try this one: http://homepage.mac.com/macconvert/iMovieTheater11.html

1. What is the lawsuit between Eminem and Apple about?

The lawsuit is about Eminem accusing Apple of using his songs without permission in a commercial for the iTunes Music Store.

2. When did Eminem file the lawsuit against Apple?

Eminem filed the lawsuit in 2004.

3. What is the outcome of the lawsuit?

The outcome of the lawsuit was a settlement between Eminem and Apple, with Apple agreeing to pay an undisclosed amount to Eminem and stop using his songs in their commercial.

4. Has Eminem sued Apple for unauthorized use of his music before?

Yes, this was not the first time Eminem sued Apple for unauthorized use of his music. He also sued them in 2007 for using his song "Lose Yourself" in an advertisement without his permission.

5. Is this type of lawsuit common in the music industry?

Yes, lawsuits over unauthorized use of music are fairly common in the music industry. Many artists have sued companies for using their music without permission, and companies have also sued artists for not obtaining proper licenses for using their music in commercials or other projects.

Back