What is the Linear Algebra course offered at BYU and should I take it?

In summary, there is an online Linear Algebra course offered at BYU called Math 343 - Elementary Linear Algebra. Some people in the conversation have not heard of it, but there is another option of taking MIT's opencourseware linear algebra course. The professor for this course, Gilbert Strang, has also written a book on the subject that was found useful by someone in the conversation.
Mandanesss
Have any of you heard of this online Linear Algebra course offered at BYU? Has anyone here taken it? I believe it's called Math 343 - Elementary Linear Algebra. I'm thinking about it taking it alongside my other classes next semester.

Physics news on Phys.org
I haven't heard of it but there is MIT's opencourseware linear algebra course in case you didn't want to formally take a distance ed course.

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Mathematics/18-06Spring-2005/VideoLectures/index.htm

I had a good experience with the book written by Gilbert Strang, the professor from MIT who has the Linear Algebra Open Courseware. We used his book in my Linear class it was good. I also found his lectures useful online

1. What is an online linear algebra course?

An online linear algebra course is a class that teaches the fundamentals of linear algebra through an online platform. It covers topics such as vectors, matrices, systems of linear equations, and linear transformations.

2. What are the benefits of taking an online linear algebra course?

Taking an online linear algebra course allows for flexibility in scheduling and location, as the course materials can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection. It also provides the opportunity to learn at your own pace and review material as needed.

3. What are the prerequisites for an online linear algebra course?

The prerequisites for an online linear algebra course may vary, but typically include a solid understanding of algebra and basic math skills, such as solving equations and graphing. Some courses may also require knowledge of basic calculus.

4. Do I need any special software or equipment to take an online linear algebra course?

Most online linear algebra courses only require a computer with internet access and a web browser. Some courses may also use software programs, such as MATLAB or Wolfram Alpha, but these can usually be accessed through the course platform or provided for free.

5. How do I know if an online linear algebra course is right for me?

An online linear algebra course may be a good fit for those who are self-motivated, have good time management skills, and are comfortable learning through an online platform. It may also be a good option for those who are unable to attend a traditional in-person course due to scheduling conflicts or geographical limitations.