Exploring Vector Calculations in Fractal Dimensions

In summary, the conversation touches on the topic of calculations and dimensions in relation to fractals and vectors. The speaker is seeking clarification on whether it is possible to do calculations on vectors above a fractal dimension and if there are any theoretical limitations. They also mention creating a Metric for distances in fractals and inquire about the relationship between topological and vector space dimensions. They also ask for information on describing vectors in less than three coordinates and any discrepancies between topological and space dimensions.
Niv
Hey, first I want to say my English & Math aren't the best yet, so ill be glad to explain myself again if I'll need to :smile:

I hope this question belongs to this section.

I want to ask, is there today a way to do calculations about vectors above fractal dimension? (and I would like to know how if there is)
I think I managed to create a Metric for the distances of 2 points in some fractals, but didn't get much forward.

Thanking you in anticipation, Niv.

Physics news on Phys.org
wow a lot of views :rolleyes:

amm if there is someone who don't know, but thinks that if there was this kind of a thing he would have know, please write that 2.

Do u think such a thing can be exist or there r theoretical limitation about it?

but ill wait in patience o:)

Tensors are built from vector spaces, and the dimension of a vector space is defined as the cardinality of a basis, which must be a positive integer. I'm guessing the vector space dimension of a topological vector space matches its topological dimension in most cases, although I've never seen a proof of this.

How do I write and do calculation on those vectors?

Can I describe a vector in a that belongs to a 2.5 dimension, in less then 3 coordinates?

Do u know about cases which in the topological dimension don't much the space dimension?

Thank u very much.

1. What is a tensor in fractal dimensions?

A tensor in fractal dimensions refers to a mathematical construct used to describe the properties and behavior of fractal objects. It is a multi-dimensional array of numbers that can represent the magnitude and direction of physical quantities in a fractal space.

2. How is a tensor used in the study of fractal dimensions?

Tensors are used in the study of fractal dimensions to describe the complex and self-similar nature of fractal objects. They can be used to calculate the fractal dimension, measure the scaling properties, and analyze the geometry of fractals.

3. Can a tensor be applied to all types of fractals?

Yes, a tensor can be applied to all types of fractals, including deterministic and stochastic fractals. It can also be used to analyze both discrete and continuous fractal structures.

4. What is the importance of tensors in understanding fractal dimensions?

Tensors play a crucial role in understanding fractal dimensions as they provide a mathematical framework for quantifying the complex and non-Euclidean properties of fractal objects. They also allow for the development of analytical and numerical methods for studying fractals.

5. Are there any limitations or challenges in using tensors for fractal dimensions?

While tensors are a powerful tool for studying fractal dimensions, there are some limitations and challenges. These include the complexity of tensor calculations, the need for high-dimensional data, and the difficulty in visualizing and interpreting tensor data in fractal spaces.