Bradford Police Investigate "Fake £50 Note"

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, amateur film-makers claim to have captured footage of a ghost in Bradford, leading to discussions and skepticism about its authenticity. Some believe it is a fake while others keep an open mind, questioning the existence of ghosts and the importance of this news compared to other global issues.
Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:

A group of amateur film-makers believe they may have proof
+
Members of the video club are now planning to do their own research into whether there were any Roman settlements in the area.
==> popularity + $$$ :rolleyes:

So why do ghosts always seem to be wearing clothes :confused: ?

Why would you return from beyond the grave to Bradford?

Last edited:
lisab said:
So why do ghosts always seem to be wearing clothes :confused: ?
I've always wondered about that. Do clothes have spirits? And the SciFi channel's International Ghost Hunters where they are in Romania where this is supposedly a ghost from 1595 and they are asking it questions in modern English and it is answering in modern English! Amazing!

Last edited:
If he didn't know the 'ghost' was there til he reviewed the film, what did he think he was filming?
He must be either a really bad film maker, some kind of pervert with a thing for joggers, or (shock horror) he filmed it with the intent of inserting the thing later.

Warning, throwing lit cigarettes out on the lawn is littering and can be a fire hazard.

Wow that thing looks so fake.

matthyaouw said:
If he didn't know the 'ghost' was there til he reviewed the film, what did he think he was filming?
He must be either a really bad film maker, some kind of pervert with a thing for joggers, or (shock horror) he filmed it with the intent of inserting the thing later.
Perfectly framed in the picture, too!

What are you guys talking about? I'm absolutely sure that this is 100% real! It looks just like a ghost out of the movies, and that is proof enough for me. Now let me take my camera outside and then fire up the photoshop. If the BBC is willing to buy onto that real footage, they will love the stuff I can give them! Ghosts of the aliens that shot JFK caught again while destroying the onlyl plans to a working water powered car! (Oh and the aliens also work for BIG OIL) Every cliche the media needs for a good story all wound into one!

There is nothing wrong with keeping an open mind. We humans seem to think that we are in control of the universe, which I think far from the truth. We still haven't been able to answer the most basic of questions, "Why are we here?", "How did life come to be?", "How did universe come to be?".

a little tip to Mr Gunn for next time he inadvertently captures footage of a ghost: Apple Shake now does come with an effective motion-tracking feature, so don't be scared to move the camera around a bit to add that extra dose of realism. Or you were going for the Kubrick thing for your jogging scene? :rofl:

but seriously. aren't there people dying out there somewhere or something? is this really something the BBC need spend time and money on reporting? maybe I'll call them next time I catch my cat running after a laser pointer on my cellphone camera ... actually I'll sell the footage to CNN first; they'll probably make it the cover story of the week. dar-fu-who?

1. What is the purpose of the investigation into the "Fake £50 Note" in Bradford?

The purpose of the investigation is to identify the source of the fake £50 notes and stop their circulation in order to protect the local economy and prevent individuals from falling victim to fraud.

2. How did the fake £50 notes come into circulation in Bradford?

The exact origin of the fake £50 notes is still under investigation, but it is suspected that they may have been imported or produced locally by counterfeiters.

3. What actions are being taken by the Bradford police to address the issue?

The Bradford police have been working closely with banks and businesses to raise awareness of the fake £50 notes and encourage individuals to be vigilant when handling money. They are also actively searching for suspects and gathering evidence to support potential arrests.

4. How can individuals protect themselves from falling victim to the fake £50 notes?

Individuals can protect themselves by carefully examining any £50 notes they receive, checking for security features such as the watermark, hologram, and security thread. They can also use a counterfeit detection pen, which reacts differently to real and fake notes.

5. Will the investigation into the fake £50 notes affect the circulation of genuine £50 notes?

No, the investigation will not affect the circulation of genuine £50 notes. The focus is solely on identifying and stopping the circulation of fake notes.