A question about ansoft maxwell 3D 11.1 design

In summary, the conversation is about a user needing help with modeling a coil on Maxwell 3D for transient analysis. They have 6 coils connected in a star configuration and 3 current sources also in a star configuration. The user is struggling with defining the coil terminals and has received an error message when trying to validate their design. They have tried searching for solutions online and are looking for any tutorials or guidance on how to define coil terminals. They also apologize for any language barriers. The solution suggested by another user is to use the "F" button to select object faces and define an insulating band for each coil individually to avoid lumping the material definitions together.
finger_eleven
hi all,

i need some help about modeling a coil on maxwell 3D(transient analysys.).my problem is defining coil terminals.i have 6 coils(star connected) and 3 current source(star connected).i attached my work.coils are solenoid style winded.(ring style winding) and each coil has 130 turn.i design my model,i upload external circuit netlist to maxwell then i got this error when i validate my design..(by the way i try to do my analysys on transient solution type.)

"[error] Verify conduction path 'Path2': For any conduction path that has coil terminal excitation(s) specified, either exactly one internal coil terminal or two external coil terminals should be specified."

i have google it but i got nothing...
any turtorial/manual or lecture notes??or any idea how to define coil terminals?

sorry for my bad english.

please check my post : https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=2387356#post2387356

Physics news on Phys.org
Hit the "F" button on your keyboard to select object faces. Then select each coil individually and define an insulating band. The material definitions are too close in conduction properties. Maxwell is lumping them all together.

Likes gatopardos

1. What is Ansoft Maxwell 3D 11.1 Design?

Ansoft Maxwell 3D 11.1 Design is a computer-aided engineering software that is used for electromagnetic field simulation and analysis. It is commonly used by engineers and scientists to design and optimize various types of electromagnetic devices and systems.

2. What are the key features of Ansoft Maxwell 3D 11.1 Design?

The key features of Ansoft Maxwell 3D 11.1 Design include its ability to perform 3D electromagnetic field simulations, analyze and optimize designs for various types of devices, and provide accurate results for complex designs. It also has a user-friendly interface and a wide range of tools for efficient design and analysis.

3. How does Ansoft Maxwell 3D 11.1 Design work?

Ansoft Maxwell 3D 11.1 Design uses finite element analysis (FEA) method to solve electromagnetic field problems. It breaks down the complex geometry into smaller elements and applies mathematical equations to calculate the electromagnetic behavior of each element. The results are then combined to provide a comprehensive analysis of the entire design.

4. Is Ansoft Maxwell 3D 11.1 Design suitable for all types of electromagnetic devices?

Yes, Ansoft Maxwell 3D 11.1 Design is suitable for a wide range of electromagnetic devices including motors, transformers, sensors, and antennas. It can also be used for different frequency ranges, from low frequency to high frequency applications.

5. Can Ansoft Maxwell 3D 11.1 Design be integrated with other software?

Yes, Ansoft Maxwell 3D 11.1 Design can be integrated with other software such as CAD tools and circuit simulators. This allows for a seamless workflow and efficient design process. It also has the ability to import and export various file formats for easy collaboration with other software.