A PF Phone App would be great.

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Pattonias
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the idea of a paid app for easier navigation on mobile devices, specifically iPhones. The conversation also included a mention of the newly implemented mobile version of the PF forums, which was found to be much easier to navigate. Despite some initial disagreement, the group ultimately seemed satisfied with the improved mobile experience and the possibility of a paid app in the future.
Pattonias
I would definitely Pay for a app on my phone that would make navigation easier when on the go.

Physics news on Phys.org
Pattonias said:
I would definitely Pay for a app on my phone that would make navigation easier when on the go.

Do you have an iphone?

Greg Bernhardt said:
Do you have an iphone?

Yes, sorry I think spell check changed it without me noticing.

I meant to suggest an Iphone App for PF forums.

Greg Bernhardt said:
For the meantime try viewing PF on your iphone now via safari.

Wow, did yall just implement this? The last time I visited PF on my phone it was not "Mobile." This is much easier to navigate. Thank you to whoever went through the trouble to implement this.

( I would still pay for the App though wink*wink*)

Did you see the thread right below this one?

Yeah I just looked at it, looks like he posted right after I did. I guess I might disagree with the other threads OP because he must admit that this version is much easier to navigate than PF on standard web browser. I'm sure that it will get better with time and "hate" is a little strong I think.

What is a PF Phone App?

A PF Phone App is a mobile application that is designed to support and enhance the functionality of the PF (Protein Folding) software. It allows users to access and utilize the features of PF on their smartphones or other mobile devices.

What are the benefits of having a PF Phone App?

A PF Phone App offers several benefits, including increased convenience and accessibility for users who may not have access to a computer at all times. It also allows for on-the-go analysis and monitoring of protein folding, which can be particularly useful for researchers in the field.

What features would a PF Phone App have?

A PF Phone App would have similar features as the desktop version of PF, such as the ability to visualize protein structures, analyze folding pathways, and predict protein stability. It may also have additional features specifically designed for mobile use, such as push notifications for important updates or results.

Is a PF Phone App available for all operating systems?

At the moment, there is no PF Phone App available for download. However, it is possible that in the future, a PF Phone App may be developed for various operating systems, such as iOS and Android.

How can I get a PF Phone App?

As of now, a PF Phone App is not yet available. However, you can stay updated on the latest developments and releases by following the official PF website and social media accounts. You can also reach out to the developers and express your interest in having a PF Phone App.