Infographic on Internet Freedom

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Internet
In summary, the graphic displays the prevalence of censorship around the world, and the reasons why governments may choose to implement such measures.
The graphic above is part of a slideshow about Internet censorship around the world.* I wanted to give you a preview of this great presentation and encourage you to go to the site to see what sort of content is … http://virtualnavigator.wordpress.com/2011/04/03/infographic-on-internet-freedom/" http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=virtualnavigator.wordpress.com&blog=11498882&post=567&subd=virtualnavigator&ref=&feed=1

More...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
The graphic above is part of a slideshow about Internet censorship around the world.* I wanted to give you a preview of this great presentation and encourage you to go to the site to see what sort of content is … http://virtualnavigator.wordpress.com/2011/04/03/infographic-on-internet-freedom/" http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=virtualnavigator.wordpress.com&blog=11498882&post=567&subd=virtualnavigator&ref=&feed=1

More...

I don't see censorship as a problem Greg. You do it here on PF.com for your own reasons, good or bad reasons that's not important. For the sake of what you and your mods think its mainstream information, and for maintaining traditional social values of the forum. You have your reasons. So does China.

Censorship is just another tool to make your own voice heard louder than the voice of others. It won't go away.

Last edited by a moderator:
PF is not "the internet", it is a specific site on the internet. The existence of PF does not preclude you from making your own site that says whatever you want.

russ_watters said:
PF is not "the internet", it is a specific site on the internet. The existence of PF does not preclude you from making your own site that says whatever you want.

Indeed it doesn't. But is irrelevant. The only difference is in scale. You have no power to control anything outside this site. So you control the flow of information according to your own power. Governments do have the ability to control information on a much larger scale than you do. China or Australia are not "the internet" as well. They just don't want the members of the social groups over which they have control to see or say some things they consider "crackpot". Whatever those things are really crackpot or not is also not important IMO for a study of censorship.

The root behavior is the same. A social group chooses to use the tools of censorship to impose their own social values. The fact that one group has a way lower power to enforce than another, doesn't change anything.

It is somehow ironic when a group of humans who censor others start to cry foul play when a higher power starts to censor them. Ironic, but so human.

I make no reference to PF with last phrase, just to make it very clear to all.

Last edited:

What is an infographic on internet freedom?

An infographic on internet freedom is a visual representation of data and information related to the topic of internet freedom. It typically includes statistics, charts, and other graphics to help communicate complex information in a more digestible and engaging way.

Why are infographics useful for understanding internet freedom?

Infographics are useful for understanding internet freedom because they can present data and information in a more visually appealing and accessible way. This can help people who are not familiar with the topic to better understand the issues and implications of internet freedom.

What kind of information can be found in an infographic on internet freedom?

An infographic on internet freedom can include information such as statistics on internet usage and censorship, laws and regulations related to internet freedom, and examples of countries or regions with high or low levels of internet freedom.

How can I use an infographic on internet freedom in my work or research?

You can use an infographic on internet freedom in your work or research by referencing it as a source of information or using the data and statistics presented in the infographic to support your arguments or findings. You can also use it as a visual aid in presentations or reports.

Where can I find reliable and up-to-date infographics on internet freedom?

You can find reliable and up-to-date infographics on internet freedom from reputable sources such as government agencies, non-profit organizations, and research institutions. You can also find them on websites and social media pages dedicated to promoting internet freedom and digital rights.