Election 2004 comparison from 'The Economist'

• News
  • Thread starter member 5645
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Comparison
In summary, 'The Economist' provides a detailed comparison of the 2004 US presidential election between George W. Bush and John Kerry. The article highlights the key issues, campaign strategies, and voting demographics that influenced the outcome of the election. It also discusses the impact of the Iraq War and the economy on voters' decisions. The analysis concludes that Bush's success was largely attributed to his strong leadership image and conservative policies, while Kerry's campaign lacked a clear message and failed to mobilize key voter groups. Overall, the election highlighted the deep political divide in the US and the importance of effective campaigning in winning the presidency.
member 5645
Very objective, clearly written:
http://tinyurl.com/6d9rr

I won't be hosting this for tooooo long, so please get it (only 1.5mb) and mirror it if you can assist me.
I'll be taking this down tonight or tomorrow :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Awesome, thanks, I'll have to read it later, that's hefty in size.

(also a bump)

onegermanbeerglass said:
Awesome, thanks, I'll have to read it later, that's hefty in size.

(also a bump)

It's a hefty size, but it's a easy way to get educated on the two main choices :) hope it helps someone!

1. How did the outcome of the 2004 election compare to previous elections?

According to The Economist's analysis, the outcome of the 2004 election was similar to previous elections in terms of voter turnout and overall results. However, there were notable differences in the demographics of voters and the issues that drove their decisions.

2. What role did the media play in the 2004 election?

The media, especially cable news networks and online platforms, played a significant role in shaping the narrative and influencing voter opinions during the 2004 election. The use of social media and the emergence of fact-checking websites also had an impact on the election.

3. How did the candidates' campaign strategies differ in 2004?

The two main candidates, George W. Bush and John Kerry, had different campaign strategies in the 2004 election. Bush focused on national security and his record as President, while Kerry emphasized his military service and plans for domestic issues such as healthcare and the economy.

4. What were the major issues discussed during the 2004 election?

The main issues that dominated the 2004 election were national security and the war in Iraq, as well as domestic issues such as the economy, healthcare, and education. Social issues like same-sex marriage and abortion were also hotly debated during the election.

5. How did the 2004 election impact the political landscape of the United States?

The 2004 election solidified the divide between red and blue states, with George W. Bush winning in the majority of states in the South and Midwest, while John Kerry won most of the Northeast and West Coast. It also highlighted the importance of voter turnout and the influence of swing states in determining the outcome of a presidential election.