Facebook Changes Privacy Policy, Controls AGAIN

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Controls
In summary, Facebook has made changes to their privacy settings once again, in an effort to make them more user-friendly. However, some users have noticed that their posts are disappearing and they have to go directly to their friends' pages to see them.
It’s Wednesday, so you know what that means?* Time for yet another privacy overhaul over at everyone’s favorite social network.* That’s right, Facebook has gone back to the drawing board with their privacy settings and tried to move them more … http://virtualnavigator.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/facebook-changes-privacy-policy-controls-again/" http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=virtualnavigator.wordpress.com&blog=11498882&post=681&subd=virtualnavigator&ref=&feed=1

Read More...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think the new approach is good. However, I think it is still helpful to be able to control default settings on a settings page.

Is that why I'm suddenly no longer seeing a lot of my friends' wall posts?

DoggerDan said:
Is that why I'm suddenly no longer seeing a lot of my friends' wall posts?

I've noticed some posts seem to disappear if I refresh my "Home" page - need to go to the friend's page that posted to respond or read comments.

I understand the importance of data privacy and the need for companies to constantly review and update their policies to protect their users' information. However, I also recognize the frustration that many users may feel with frequent changes to privacy settings on social media platforms like Facebook.

It is important for Facebook to strike a balance between protecting user privacy and providing a user-friendly experience. While it may seem tedious to have to constantly adjust privacy settings, it is ultimately for the benefit of the users.

I would encourage Facebook to be transparent about their changes and to clearly communicate the reasons behind them. This will help users understand the importance of these updates and alleviate some of the frustration that may arise.

It is also important for users to take an active role in managing their own privacy on social media platforms. This can include regularly reviewing and updating their privacy settings and being cautious about the information they share online.

Overall, I believe that Facebook's constant review and update of their privacy policies and controls is a necessary step in protecting user data and maintaining trust with their users.

1. What changes were made to Facebook's privacy policy?

Facebook made several changes to its privacy policy, including updates to how the company collects and uses user data, as well as new controls for users to manage their privacy settings.

2. How will these changes affect my personal information on Facebook?

The changes to Facebook's privacy policy may affect how your personal information is collected, used, and shared on the platform. It is important to review the new policy and adjust your privacy settings accordingly.

3. Are there any new features or controls that have been added?

Yes, Facebook has added new features and controls to give users more control over their privacy settings. This includes the ability to manage who can see your posts and profile information, as well as the option to turn off facial recognition technology.

4. Will my current privacy settings be changed automatically?

No, your current privacy settings will not be changed automatically. However, it is recommended to review and adjust your settings to ensure your personal information is only shared with those you choose.

5. How can I stay informed about future changes to Facebook's privacy policy?

You can stay informed about future changes to Facebook's privacy policy by regularly checking the "Privacy" section in your account settings and by reading any updates or notifications from Facebook regarding changes to their policies. It is also important to stay informed about your online privacy rights and to be cautious about the information you share on social media.