Seeking Complementary University Resources for Mary L Boas' Math Methods Book

In summary, the individual is self-studying the book "Mathematical Methods in the Physical Sciences" by Mary L. Boas and is looking for a good university website to complement their studies. They found a page on the University of California website with extra handouts in PDF format, but are also interested in finding similar pages from other universities. They also mention that the links to problem sets, solutions, and practice exams on the UoCalifornia website are locked. They ask if anyone knows of other websites for reference and apologize for posting in the wrong section.
pylauzier
Sorry if this is the wrong section, it wouldn't let me post in the Science Learning Material area.

Basically I started self-studying Mary L Boas book Mathematical Methods in the Physical Sciences. I've seen a lot of great things about the book and I know it's very popular in Mathematical Methods classes.

I was wondering if someone know a good University website that I could use as a complement with the book. I found this page on the University of California website, it has quite a lot of extra handouts in pdf format to cover some of the things Boas doesn't cover properly.

http://scipp.ucsc.edu/~haber/ph116A/

There's also the link to the other 2 courses in the serie (mathematical methods 2 and 3) that are also accessible to the public. Is there any other similar pages from a different University that I could use as a reference? What I don't like about the UoCalifornia website is that the links to the problem sets, solutions and practice exams are locked.

Thanks in advance and sorry again for posting in the wrong section. Hopefully someone can move my post!

Physics news on Phys.org

type the following in google and hit enter

"mathematical methods mary boas site:edu"

this will probably give you links to the course pages where this book is used as textbook and they may have additional resources.

1. How can I access complementary resources for Mary L Boas' Math Methods book?

There are several ways to access complementary resources for Mary L Boas' Math Methods book. You can check with your university's library, as they may have physical or digital copies of the book available. You can also search online for supplemental materials, such as study guides, practice problems, and lecture notes. Lastly, you can reach out to your professor or teaching assistant for recommendations on additional resources.

2. Are there any free resources available for Mary L Boas' Math Methods book?

Yes, there are many free resources available for Mary L Boas' Math Methods book. Some options include online forums or discussion boards where students and teachers share study materials, video lectures or tutorials, and interactive practice problems. You can also check websites like OpenStax or Khan Academy for open educational resources related to the book.

3. Can I find solutions to the exercises in Mary L Boas' Math Methods book?

Yes, solutions to the exercises in Mary L Boas' Math Methods book can be found in the back of the book. Additionally, some websites or forums may have worked solutions available for certain chapters or problems.

4. Are there any study groups or tutoring services available for Mary L Boas' Math Methods book?

Many universities offer study groups or tutoring services for students studying Mary L Boas' Math Methods book. You can check with your school's math department or academic support center for more information. Additionally, you can also reach out to classmates or form your own study group to review material and practice problem-solving together.

5. Are there any online resources specifically designed for Mary L Boas' Math Methods book?

Yes, there are several online resources specifically designed for Mary L Boas' Math Methods book. Some examples include interactive quizzes and practice problems, virtual flashcards, and video tutorials. You can search for these resources by typing "Mary L Boas' Math Methods book" or the specific chapter/topic into a search engine.