Using RF Transmitter/Receiver to power LEDs from a Sensor?

In summary, if you want to transmit power to an LED from a pressure sensor then you could use an RF Link Transmitter/Receiver. These devices are available at Sparkfun and are easy to use.
SeanLynch91
I have a pressure sensor that gives off 4 volts when actuated and I would like to transmit it a distance to an LED light. So I found these RF Link Transmitter/Receiver at 434MHz:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10534
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10532

The data sheets and instructions I’ve read all suggest a microcontroller. What I’m asking is this:
For the transmitter side of my project (sensor that gives off 4V), could I use something other than a microcontroller to convert the 4V to send through the transmitter?

I do have an Arduino Yun that I could use for the receiver side, but let's say I didn’t have an Arduino, what would I be able to use to convert the data from the receiver?

I don’t have much experience with wireless transmission and any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Can we get this straight? Are you wanting to send a signal to a receiver that will turn on the LEDs or are you wanting to transmit the Power across a gap to provide the power to light them? It makes a vast difference and you use the word 'Power' in the title so we need to be sure what you want to do.

Sorry about the confusion. Here's the plan: I want to be able to light an LED when an object is on the sensor. The sensor gives off 4 volts when it is triggered then I would feed that into the transmitter, transmit that signal to the receiver so whenever that sensor is actuated an LED will light up. So I'm trying to send a signal to the receiver that will turn on an LED.

For simple signalling, those devices should work, at a basic level. I managed to look at the transmitter data sheet but the site was busy or down and I couldn't see the receiver spec.
As far as I can see, the transmitter is Amplitude Shift Keyed (i.e. On/Off signalling) which you can do with 0 or 5V from your sensor. Likewise for the receiver should give 0 or 5V, depending on the received signal level. At the price, they would be worth just buying and trying. I don't think the processor is a necessary for just a simple one channel on/off control. (Using the 'digital' output).

What is an RF transmitter/receiver?

An RF transmitter/receiver is a device that uses radio frequency signals to transmit and receive data wirelessly between two points. It consists of a transmitter, which sends out the data, and a receiver, which receives the data.

How does an RF transmitter/receiver work to power LEDs from a sensor?

An RF transmitter/receiver works by converting an electrical signal into a radio frequency signal, which is then transmitted through the air. The receiver picks up the signal and converts it back into an electrical signal, which can then be used to power the LEDs from a sensor.

What types of sensors can be used with an RF transmitter/receiver to power LEDs?

There are many types of sensors that can be used with an RF transmitter/receiver to power LEDs, including light sensors, temperature sensors, motion sensors, and proximity sensors. It ultimately depends on the specific application and the type of data that needs to be transmitted.

What are the advantages of using an RF transmitter/receiver to power LEDs from a sensor?

One advantage of using an RF transmitter/receiver is that it allows for wireless communication, eliminating the need for physical connections between the sensor and LED. It also allows for greater flexibility in terms of placement and range of the sensor and LEDs. Additionally, using an RF transmitter/receiver can reduce the risk of interference and provide a more reliable connection.

What are some potential challenges when using an RF transmitter/receiver to power LEDs from a sensor?

One potential challenge is ensuring that the RF signal is strong enough to power the LEDs while also avoiding interference from other signals. Another challenge is finding the right frequency for the transmitter and receiver to communicate on. Additionally, the range of the RF signal may be limited, so the sensor and LEDs may need to be placed within a certain distance of each other.